The ranking of the best antiviruses is usually updated annually, so here comes the best Antivirus for 2022. Therefore, if that was what brought you to this page, you landed on the right page.
Over time, most antivirus programs will need to improve their reliability, speed, real-time protection, threat detection, and other features. This improvement is necessary because the rate of cyber threats is increasing by the day.
A recent study by Security Magazine that over 2,200 cyber-attacks per day account for ‘1 attack in every 39 seconds.
Therefore, the need for antivirus companies to update their software becomes necessary.
After these updates are done, a new list of the best Antivirus will pop, leading to variation in ranking every year.
So relax, stay close to this page as we take you on a journey of the best Antivirus for 2022.
Best Antivirus For 2022
This ranking has already been endorsed by some cyber security experts in the industry.
Here is a summarized list of the best antivirus for 2022:
- Heimdal Security
- Norton Antivirus
- Trend Micro
- Panda Security
- Vipre Antivirus
- Acronis True Image
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- G DATA Security
- Intego Antivirus
Without further ado, let me show you the overview of each best antivirus program for the year 2022.
1. Heimdal Security
- Threat Prevention Home (for 3 devices) – $34.98/year
- Next-Gen Antivirus Home (for 3 devices) – $35.97/year
- Premium Security Home (for 3 devices) – $39.98/year
Heimdal Security is antivirus software that ensures that the programs installed on the computer are safe and correctly updated.
Nevertheless, only a few functions are available in the free version, which luckily doesn’t have a usage time limit. However, you can get its premium at a starting price of $34.98 for 3 devices.
The program is quite simple overall and runs in the background after installing it, so you don’t need to worry about opening it often.
Key Features of Heimdal Security
- Organized and easy-to-use menus
- Automatic PC software update
- Reliability Check of Unknown Programs
==>>> Get Heimdal Security
- Basic (Single Device) – $84.99 for one-year subscription
- Plus (5 devices) – $44.99 for one-year subscription, $79.99 for two-year subscription
- Premium (10 devices) – $54.99 per year subscription, $99.99 for two-year subscription
According to results for the AV-Test, McAfee can compete with other leading Antivirus on the market regarding performance, protection, and usability.
McAfee Antivirus is one of the best antiviruses for 2022, with a lot of exciting features. It is more than enough to protect your PC from potential harm.
In fact, all McAfee Antivirus pricing plans come with their award-winning antivirus protection, firewall, password manager, file shredder, identity monitoring, web protection, and Protection Score.
Key Features of McAfee Antivirus
- Real-time scanning
- It has a firewall feature
- Blocks spam and dangerous emails
- Real-time protection
- Good technical support and usability
==>>> Get McAfee Antivirus
3. Norton Antivirus
- Norton AntiVirus Plus (for 1 PC or Mac) – $9.99 per year
- Norton Standard (for 1 PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone) – $19.99 per year
- Norton Deluxe (for 5 PCs, Macs, tablets or smartphones) – $24.99 per year
- Norton Premium (for 10 PCs, Macs, tablets or smartphones) – $39.99 per year
The list of the Best Antivirus for 2022 is not complete without Norton Antivirus.
If you have been following the yearly ranking of the best Antivirus, you would realize that Norton has always been on the list.
Norton Antivirus is one of the leading antiviruses with features expected from a good antivirus. Some of them are highlighted below;
Key Features of Norton Antivirus
- Real-time Threat Protection
- Smart Firewall Feature
- It has a Password Manager
- It comes with Cloud Backup
- Secure VPN
- It works with Windows™ Operating Systems, Mac® Operating Systems
==>>> Get Norton Antivirus
4. Trend Micro
- Trend Micro Internet Security (for 3 devices) – $39.95 per year
- Trend Micro Maximum Security (for 5 devices) – $49.95 per year
- Trend Micro Premium Security (for 10 devices) – $49.95 per year
Trend Micro is a cyber security software company located in California, United States, founded in 1989.
This Antivirus protects your device against all forms of malware, and it is available for macOS, Android, Windows, and IOS.
With Trend Micro, your device is most likely to be free from all forms of online threats.
Key Features of Trend Micro
- It blocks dangerous websites that can steal your data
- Protects your email from phishing
- It enhanced web threat protection
- It safeguards Online Payment
==>>> Get Trend Micro
5. AVG Antivirus
- AVG Antivirus – Free
- AVG Internet Security (10 devices including Mac, Windows PC, and Android) – $59.99 per year
- AVG Ultimate (10 devices including Mac, Windows PC, iOS, and Android) – $59.99 per year
AVG Antivirus is one of the best Antivirus available today mainly due to the large number of top-level features, comprehensive Antivirus, antispyware engines, and automatic background updating.
It provides constant protection against viruses, also called real-time protection.
There are many more features of these antiviruses, and you can see some of them below;
Key Features of AVG Antivirus
- It provides real-time protection against viruses and other malware
- Virus scanning is updated regularly and automatically
- Works with Mac and Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
- Easy to install
- It also comes with a Chromium-based web browser
- Small download size
==>>> Get AVG Ultimate Antivirus
6. Panda Security
Price – Starting from $17.49 per year
With Panda Security, you are sure to enjoy protection against spyware and ransomware. This Antivirus is highly rated by cyber security experts and also by its customers.
It comes with tons of exciting features, including real-time protection.
It is one of the best Antivirus for 2022.
Key Features of Panda Security
- Protection against spyware
- Protection against all types of malware
- Remote access
- Protection against unknown threats
- Safe browsing
- Backup copies
- Multimedia/gaming mode
- USB Vaccine
==>>> Get Panda Dome Security
Price – Starting from $30 per year for one device
BullGuard is an award-winning antivirus program that was created in 2001 in the United Kingdom.
Just like other antivirus programs, it protects your device against viruses and malware. It is also capable of cleaning up existing malware infestation.
You cannot go wrong choosing BullGuard Antivirus.
Key Features of BullGuard Antivirus
- It has real-time malware protection and on-demand disk scans
- It has a vulnerability scanner
- It boosts gaming performance
==>>> Get BullGuard Antivirus
Price – Starting from $39.99 per year
ESET, an acronym for Essential Security against Evolving Threats, also makes it to this list today.
It is capable of protecting your device against viruses, phishing, spyware, and other cyber threats.
It has an outstanding performance and also comes with an anti-theft tool.
More of its features will be exposed to you after you have successfully installed it. By the way, you may see some of them below.
Key Features of ESET
- Antimalware software
- Password manager
- It has a secure browser and web protection feature
- Anti-theft protection
- Advanced diagnostics
- Parental controls
- Device encryption
==>>> Get ESET
9. Vipre Antivirus
- Antivirus Plus: $9.99 per year for 1 PC, $14.99 per year for up to 5 PCs, $17.99 per year for up to 10 PCs
- Advanced Security: $19.99 per year for 1 PC, $23.99 per year for up to 5 PCs, $28.99 per year for up to 10 PCs
- Ultimate Security Bundle: $39.99 per year for up to 5 PCs, $52.99 per year for up to 10 PCs
VIPRE Antivirus is an affordable security program known for its ability to provide good overall protection for your computer.
It received the PC Antivirus Reviews publisher’s choice award for best antivirus product in 2020.
Also, it is one of the best antiviruses for 2022 on this list today.
Key Features of Vipre Antivirus
- It integrates with Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express for email protection and monitors instant messages
- It offers real-time protection
- It has an intuitive interface and protects against all forms of malware, as well as adware
- Good Customer Support
==>>> Get Vipre Antivirus
10. Acronis True Image
- Essentials (One Year Subscription) – $49.99
- Advanced (One Year Subscription) – $89.99
- Premium (One Year Subscription) – $124.99
Acronis True Image is one of the antivirus software that is perfect for the security of your device.
It has an exemplary user interface and other features that are expected of a good antivirus.
Based on recent research, we realized that many customers are satisfied with the service of Acronis True Image.
Features of Acronis True Image
- Antivirus on-demand scan
- Real-time protection
- Protection against malware
==>>> Get Acronis True Image
11. Kaspersky Antivirus
Price – From $39.99 and above
Kaspersky Internet Security is an excellent antivirus for Windows, Mac, and Android.
If you want to be protected when browsing and looking for the best Antivirus for your needs, this is one of the most valid and best valued by authorized sources.
It is an excellent product, with a very high level of protection and a low cost.
Its strong point is the protection against malware, and in particular, it is an exceptional anti-ransomware.
It offers fast scanning, which detects many threats within minutes.
Key Features of Kaspersky Antivirus
- It protects your privacy by preventing the tracker from collecting sensitive data
- It is a lightweight software that does not affect performance
- Effectively blocks viruses, malware, and attacks
- It protects payments made online
- It blocks unauthorized access attempts to the webcam
==>>> Get Kaspersky Antivirus
Pricing – $48.95/year
Defencebyte is fast becoming one of the leading antivirus companies ever since it was founded in 2013.
This Antivirus is mainly available for Windows OS and comes with a 24/7 live support feature.
It should be one of your go-to software when it comes to protecting your device against malware.
Features of Defencebyte
- It protects against malware
- It has a roll-back mechanism feature
- Efficient antiransomware protection
- Defencebyte has a sandbox testing environment
- It has specialized plans for different types of users
==>>> Get Defencebyte
13. G DATA Security
- G Data Antivirus – $29.95/year
- G Data Internet Security – $39.95/year
- G Data Total security – $49.95/year
- G Data Antivirus For Mac – $39.95/year
G Data Security is a malware-fighting tool from Germany and one of the best antiviruses for 2022.
Aside from being a great antivirus, it has a good spam filter coupled with other exciting features.
You may check out more features of G DATA Security below;
Key Features of G DATA Security Antivirus
- It has a dual malware scanning engine
- It has an excellent performance
- It protects against keyloggers, ransomware, banking Trojans, and other cyber threats
- It has a spam filter
==>>> Get G DATA Security Antivirus
14. Intego Antivirus
- Personal (1PC/1 year) – $24.99
- Family (3PC/1year) – $33.99
- Extended (5 PC/1year) – $40.99
Intego Antivirus is another antivirus that cannot be skipped on a list like this.
It is one of the best antiviruses for macOS, with a lot of great features. This Antivirus is capable of providing excellent security for your device.
So what is stopping you from trying it out?
Key Features of Intego Antivirus
- It is ideal for a Mac-user
- It has decent real-time protection against malware
- It takes very little time to download
- It comes with a lot of features (especially for a Mac antivirus)
- It is available for macOS and iOS
==>>> Get Intego Antivirus
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions related to the best Antivirus for 2022.
So let’s dive in;
What Is An Antivirus Software?
Antivirus software is a program that detects, prevents, and acts to remove malicious software programs such as viruses and worms.
These programs are used to protect and prevent computers and other devices from viruses to provide more security to the user.
There are several ways a device can contract a virus. They can appear via USB flash drives, emails, sites with questionable content, downloading infected files and programs, and many other means.
These viruses are intended to interfere with the functioning of the computer or other device to register, corrupt, destroy data and transfer information to another computer.
Meanwhile, Antivirus has several identification methods to prevent these viruses, such as automatic updating, scanning, quarantine, and other means.
Do You Really Need Antivirus Software?
In this digital age, where almost everyone is online, cybersecurity has become a crucial concern. We are constantly surrounded by our gadgets, from smartphones to PC and tablets. In fact, we are co-dependent on these devices for our survival or to meet our daily needs.
So, everyone needs to protect their computer, and one way to do that is by having a trusted Antivirus installed. An antivirus software cleans a device, be it a PC or a mobile phone, from malicious attacks by hackers.
Not only does it clean viruses, but it also serves as protection to ensure that viruses do not enter the system.
Some of the best-known Antivirus are Heimdal Security, McAfee, Norton Antivirus, Bullguard, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Panda Security, AVG, ESET, Vipre Antivirus, Acronis True Image, Defencebyte, G DATA Security, Intego Antivirus, Avira, Avast, and AVG.
How Much Does Antivirus Cost?
The cost of antivirus software varies because it depends on the brand of Antivirus you are buying and its pricing options.
You can get Antivirus software for as cheap as $23 per year to as expensive as $125. Meanwhile, check out some of the antivirus programs’ prices below;
Threat Prevention Home – $34.98/year
Next-Gen Antivirus Home – $35.97/year
Premium Security Home – $39.98/year
New Customers – $34.49 per year
Family – $34.99 per year
Individuals/Couples – $29.99 per year
Single device – $24.99 per year
Norton Antivirus Basic – $19.99 per year
Norton 360 Deluxe – $49.99 per year
Norton 360 With LifeLock – $99.48 per year
Trend Micro Antivirus Security – $29.95 per year
Trend Micro Internet Security – $39.95 per year
Trend Micro Maximum Security – $49.95 per year
AVG Antivirus – Free
AVG Internet Security – $3.99/month
AVG Ultimate – $9.49/month
Personal (1PC/1 year) – $24.99 per year
Family (3PC/1year) – $33.99 per year
Extended (5 PC/1year) – $40.99 per year
Is It Worth Paying For Antivirus Software?
Yes, it is worth paying for Antivirus. Meanwhile, it depends on how much you value your data.
Your data can be in any format, from photos, videos, music, files, documents, or almost anything. Also, if you are an organization, protecting your data is compulsory.
So, paying for Antivirus can never be a waste of money. You should think of it as an investment or a promise you’re making to protect your sensitive data and devices.
Which Is The Best Antivirus For Multiple Devices?
If you don’t want to buy separate antivirus licenses for each of your devices, the best option for you is to buy an antivirus program that can protect your devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 10?
Trend Micro provides complete protection to your Windows 10 PC against viruses, malware, Trojans, spyware, adware, or any malicious threat that could infect or damage your device.
It provides real-time protection against threats; also, it remains active in the background. It also keeps a constant scan of your system to check for viruses or malware to prevent them from entering your device.
In addition to offering complete PC protection against threats, Kaspersky Antivirus boosts your device’s performance, offers additional features like a virtual keyboard, VPN, Password Manager, and more.
Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 11?
McAfee Antivirus is the Best Antivirus for Windows 11.
This Antivirus offers excellent performance and solid protection. Also, thanks to the friendly and straightforward user interface, you won’t have any trouble adapting to it.
This Antivirus will protect you from viruses, ransomware, and other online threats in terms of protection.
Privacy and online banking protection are also available in this version so that you will remain protected against data theft and phishing attacks.
In general, Kaspersky Antivirus offers robust protection. Still, if you want to use it on different platforms such as Mac, iOS, or Android, you will need to purchase the version of Kaspersky Internet Security.
What Antivirus Should I use in 2022?
You should use the best Antivirus for 2022.
These Antivirus programs include Heimdal Security, McAfee, Norton Antivirus, Bullguard, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Panda Security, AVG, ESET, Vipre Antivirus, Acronis True Image, Defencebyte, G DATA Security, Intego Antivirus, Avira, Avast, and AVG.
Note that the Antivirus mentioned above has been updated to fight against all kinds of malware that may be attacking your devices. Also, prevent your device against them.
What Is The Best Antivirus For Windows 10 2021?
Unlike previous versions of Windows OS like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 is much more versatile and improved when it comes to security.
However, with each passing day, hackers are getting nasty and continue to find new and powerful ways to gain unauthorized access to our devices.
Now viruses and malware infections are much more powerful than you think, even smarter to get caught by a suite of antiviruses.
Which Total Security Is The Best?
In case you need an all-in-one security program for your device, then you need Total Security.
Total security programs provide all the features to give your system complete protection without installing too much security software.
Some of the features of total security programs include; VPN, Antivirus, Firewall, Antispam, Password Manager, and more.
These total security programs are the best because they have been confirmed by many cyber security experts and are also well recommended by their users.
READ ALSO: Best VPN For 2022
What Is The Difference Between Antivirus Software And Antimalware?
Both Antivirus and antimalware software are usually confused with each other. Although they might be performing similar functions, they are not the same.
Viruses are a specific malware program that is capable of replicating and spreading through the system. In contrast, malware is a broad term referring to all types of malicious software, including viruses, trojans, adware, rootkits, spyware, and ransomware.
This means that viruses are malware, but not all malware is a virus.
Therefore, Antivirus is a software program designed to detect and eliminate viruses and other malicious system software. At the same time, antimalware is a program that protects the system against all types of malware, including viruses, Trojans, worms, and adware.
In addition to that, Antivirus programs are designed to scan the system to determine malicious behaviour in programs and remove any threats before they reach the system. They run in the background, keeping your system protected at all times.
They also allow users to schedule scans or start new scans whenever they want.
On the other hand, Antimalware is a specific type of program designed to scan, detect, and remove even the most advanced malware, with real-time active monitoring and protection.
They protect against malware, including viruses, bots, Trojans, worms, phishing, spyware, ransomware, and adware.
Antivirus is a software utility program designed to protect your system from viruses and malware to prevent them from modifying or corrupting other programs on your system.
It defends the system 24 hours a day and, if it finds any malicious program, it immediately removes it from the system.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of people searching for the best Antivirus for 2022.
All you need to do is to share this article using the social share buttons.
Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts about the list in the comment section below.
- How To Clean An Infected Computer
- Here Are The Best Windows 7 Antivirus After Support Ends
- Best Cloud Storage Services According To Reddit Users
- Web Host Agents Scam Exposed [Eye Opener and Must Read]
- Best Home Security Cameras According To Reddit Users
- Best Password Manager According To Reddit Users
- 10 Best VPN According To Quora Users
- 5 Best Antivirus For Xiaomi Phone [Tested, Reviewed & Ranked]
- SurfShark Antivirus Review 2021 [MUST READ]
- How To Remove Avast Password Manager [ALL DEVICES]