The ranking of the best antiviruses is usually updated annually, so here comes the best Antivirus for 2022. Therefore, if that was what brought you to this page, you landed on the right page.
Over time, most antivirus programs will need to improve their reliability, speed, real-time protection, threat detection, and other features. This improvement is necessary because the rate of cyber threats is increasing by the day.
A recent study by Security Magazine that over 2,200 cyber-attacks per day account for ‘1 attack in every 39 seconds.
Therefore, the need for antivirus companies to update their software becomes necessary.
After these updates are done, a new list of the best Antivirus will pop, leading to variation in ranking every year.
So relax, stay close to this page as we take you on a journey of the best Antivirus for 2022.
Best Antivirus For 2022
This ranking has already been endorsed by some cyber security experts in the industry.
Here is a summarized list of the best antivirus for 2022:
- Surfshark Antivirus
- Heimdal Security
- Norton Antivirus
- Trend Micro
- Panda Security
- Vipre Antivirus
- Acronis True Image
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- G DATA Security
- Intego Antivirus
Without further ado, let me show you the overview of each best antivirus program for the year 2022.
The first on this list is a lightweight antivirus solution that can protect all your devices. The Surfshark Antivirus is a safe shield against viruses and zero-day threats.
As a lightweight application, it won’t affect your device’s performance.
It consumes minimal CPU and RAM resources. So, you almost will not notice it running in the background.
Some antivirus software programs come with complex interfaces with so many setting options. But Surfshark does not. On the contrary, the software’s interface is simple and intuitive.
And you’ll find it easy to use, as you can activate the antivirus with a single tap.
Furthermore, you get more than an antivirus when you opt for Surfshark. You can get the antivirus as part of the Surfshark One Suite, which comes with other tools among which is a VPN.
Thus, by extension, Surfshark can hide your IP address when you browse the internet, keeping you anonymous. It’s helpful, as you stay out of sight of trackers and data harvesters.
Aside from the VPN, Surfshark One also comes with the Alert software. What the software does is to inform you whenever your personal data leaks online. For example, you’ll get an alert when your email or password or bank information appears in an online breach.
Furthermore, you get more than an antivirus when you opt for Surfshark. You can get the antivirus as part of the Surfshark One Suite, which comes with other tools among which is a VPN.
Thus, by extension, Surfshark can hide your IP when you browse the internet, keeping you anonymous. It’s helpful, as you stay out of sight of trackers and data harvesters.
Aside from the VPN, Surfshark One also comes with the Alert software. What the software does is to inform you whenever your personal data leaks online. For example, you’ll get alert when your email or password or bank information appears in an online breach.
Key Features of Surfshark Antivirus
- Easy to use and lightweight antivirus program
- Protects against viruses, zero-day threats, and malware
- Works in real-time
- Blocks ads and trackers from websites
- VPN service included
- It works in real-time and has an intuitive interface with minimal settings
- The antivirus comes with a VPN and the Alert software as part of the Surfshark One Suite
- It will keep you free from online track0ers and spies
- It will allow you to browse the web free of ads and malware
- 1 Month Plan: $14.44 per month
- 12 Months Plan: $5.48 per month (billed at $65.76 for one year)
- 24 Months Plan (the best current deal): $3.48 per month (billed at $90.48 for two years) + 2 Free Months
==>> Get Surfshark Antivirus
2. Heimdal Security
- Threat Prevention Home (for 3 devices) – $34.98/year
- Next-Gen Antivirus Home (for 3 devices) – $35.97/year
- Premium Security Home (for 3 devices) – $39.98/year
Heimdal Security is antivirus software that ensures that the programs installed on the computer are safe and correctly updated.
The program is quite simple overall and runs in the background after installing it, so you don’t need to worry about opening it often.
Heimdal Security is not an average antivirus software. Rather, it employs next-gen detection technology and boasts one of the top detection rates among antiviruses.
For emphasis, the antivirus uses local signature-based scanning. This type of scanning detects more than just viruses. It also detects ransomware, data leakages, exploits, and advanced persistent threats, to name a few.
The local signature-based scanning is, however, only the first layer of protection. Moving further, Heimdal Security employs real-time cloud scanning using advanced machine learning techniques.
Heimdal Security also supports sandbox and backdoor inspection. It helps isolate files suspected to have viruses or other threats, so they don’t infect others.
The files are isolated into a sandboxing system, where they’ll be analyzed to check if they are indeed corrupt or not.
You can get Heimdal Security premium at a starting price of $34.98 for 3 devices. Nevertheless, only a few functions are available in the free version, which luckily doesn’t have a usage time limit.
Key Features of Heimdal Security
- Organized and easy-to-use menus
- Automatic PC software update
- Reliability check of unknown programs
- The antivirus protects against viruses, ransomware, data leakages, exploits, and advanced persistent threats.
- It employs next-generation antivirus technology with machine learning.
- It supports sandboxing to isolate files that appear to be corrupt.
- The antivirus comes with a built-in firewall activator, which ensures your PC’s firewall is always active.
- It will work with up to three devices on a single subscription.
- It is a multi-layer antivirus software, with local signature based scanning and real-time cloud scanning.
==>>> Get Heimdal Security
- Basic (Single Device) – $84.99 for one-year subscription
- Plus (5 devices) – $44.99 for one-year subscription, $79.99 for two-year subscription
- Premium (10 devices) – $54.99 per year subscription, $99.99 for two-year subscription
The McAfee software has been in the industry since the late 1980s. Therefore, if you consider longevity when deciding on which software is the best, you’ll consider this antivirus.
McAfee Antivirus is one of the best antiviruses for 2022, with a lot of exciting features. It is more than enough to protect your PC from potential harm.
According to results for the AV-Test, McAfee can compete with other leading antivirus on the market regarding performance, protection, and usability.
But, with McAfee, you get more than an antivirus. You also get an anti-malware, anti-ransomware, and anti-phishing software. That’s not all, all the software protects against more online threats.
You’ll find the McAfee antivirus easy to use, irrespective of how many devices you’re protecting. The software has a central dashboard from where you can manage all connected devices.
Also notable is that McAfee offers 24/7 protection. Real-time protection to ensure no virus or malware goes undetected. The software’s database is regularly updated to include new viruses and malware. That way, you won’t fall victim to contemporary threats.
All McAfee Antivirus pricing plans come with their award-winning antivirus protection, firewall, password manager, file shredder, identity monitoring, web protection, and Protection Score.
Interestingly, the McAfee Antivirus comes with a Virus Protection Pledge. It’s a simple pledge: you’ll get your money back if the software doesn’t rid your devices of viruses and malware.
Key Features of McAfee Antivirus
- Real-time scanning
- It has a firewall feature
- Blocks spam and dangerous emails
- Real-time protection
- Good technical support and usability
- It features a central dashboard, which makes managing multiple devices easy.
- The antivirus has a virus protection pledge, so your money is safe.
- McAfee will work on all major device types — Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- It lets you protect unlimited devices with a premium subscription.
==>>> Get McAfee Antivirus
4. Norton Antivirus
- Norton AntiVirus Plus (for 1 PC or Mac) – $9.99 per year
- Norton Standard (for 1 PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone) – $19.99 per year
- Norton Deluxe (for 5 PCs, Macs, tablets, or smartphones) – $24.99 per year
- Norton Premium (for 10 PCs, Macs, tablets, or smartphones) – $39.99 per year
The list of the Best Antivirus for 2022 is not complete without Norton Antivirus.
If you have been following the yearly ranking of the best Antivirus, you would realize that Norton has always been on the list.
Norton Antivirus is one of the leading antiviruses with features expected from a good antivirus. In particular, the software will keep your devices safe from viruses, malware, ransomware, and hackers. It does this in many ways.
Norton Antivirus will block malicious websites that steal your data and credentials. It’s a safe protection mechanism against hackers, ensuring your online privacy is intact.
The antivirus further comes with a password manager. So, while it helps prevent your passwords from getting exposed online, it also helps you keep them secure. The password manager will also work to create stronger passwords for your accounts.
Despite how powerful the antivirus is, it runs quietly in the background. Your device will continue to run smoothly, perhaps even more smoothly, as the antivirus eliminates malware that can slow it down.
Norton is one of the antivirus companies that have 100% trust in their software. For that reason, they offer a money-back guarantee to all new users if the software doesn’t work. But it will. Or else it won’t be on this list of the best antivirus.
Key Features of Norton Antivirus
- Real-time Threat Protection
- Smart Firewall Feature
- It has a Password Manager
- It comes with Cloud Backup
- Secure VPN
- It works with Windows Operating System and Mac Operating Systems
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- The antivirus helps you browse safely by blocking fake websites.
- It runs smoothly in the background and doesn’t affect your device’s performance.
- The antivirus comes with a native password manager, which doubles as a password generator.
==>>> Get Norton Antivirus
5. Trend Micro
- Trend Micro Internet Security (for 3 devices) – $39.95 per year
- Trend Micro Maximum Security (for 5 devices) – $49.95 per year
- Trend Micro Premium Security (for 10 devices) – $49.95 per year
Trend Micro is a cyber security software company located in California, United States, founded in 1989.
This Antivirus protects your device against all forms of malware, and it is available for macOS, Android, Windows, and IOS. With Trend Micro, your device is most likely to be free from all forms of online threats.
In particular, Trend Micro Antivirus Plus is rated as one of the best antivirus programs for Windows 11. The developers optimized it to work with the operating system.
Trend Micro will block web threats, allowing you to browse the internet safely. So, it not only works as a local antivirus but also as a web protection software.
The antivirus’ web protection mechanisms will also block phishing websites and emails, which could lead to fraud and scams.
Furthermore, Trend Micro also has an optimized antivirus version for Mac computers. It has the same features as the Windows 11 version — blocks web threats, viruses, malware, and phishing. But it comes with an extra feature to block unauthorized use of your microphone and camera.
Trend Micro has a clean, simple interface. You’ll find the software easy to operate, irrespective of the device you use.
Key Features of Trend Micro
- It blocks dangerous websites that can steal your data
- Protects your email from phishing
- It enhanced web threat protection
- It safeguards online payment
- Trend Micro supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Chromebook.
- The antivirus is particularly optimised to work with Windows 11.
- It comes with an intuitive interface, which anyone will find easy to use.
- The Mac version will block the unauthorised use of microphone and cameras.
- The Trend Micro antivirus integrates easily with other Trend Micro products
==>>> Get Trend Micro
6. AVG Antivirus
- AVG Antivirus – Free
- AVG Internet Security (10 devices including Mac, Windows PC, and Android) – $59.99 per year
- AVG Ultimate (10 devices including Mac, Windows PC, iOS, and Android) – $59.99 per year
AVG Antivirus is one of the best Antivirus available today mainly due to the large number of top-level features, comprehensive Antivirus, antispyware engines, and automatic background updating.
It provides constant protection against viruses, also called real-time protection. There are many more features of this antivirus.
Perhaps the most attractive feature is that it’s free. You can rely on the AVG Antivirus free version to safeguard your devices. The free version comes with six layers of security.
It blocks viruses, spyware, and malware, provides real-time updates, and protects against phishing. It also works as an email shield, ensuring you don’t open any dangerous email attachments.
You’ll agree that these are commendable features for a free antivirus. Yet, there’s more. The free AVG Antivirus also comes with a firewall, anti-hacker security, and webcam protection.
But, if you want the ultimate AVG Antivirus protection, you should consider the premium AVG Ultimate version.
AVG Ultimate comes with internet security, VPN, junk cleaning, and anti-tracking tools. As a result, you get 360 protection when you opt for it. What’s more? You can protect up to ten devices with an AVG Ultimate subscription.
Key Features of AVG Antivirus
- It provides real-time protection against viruses and other malware
- Virus scanning is updated regularly and automatically
- Works with Mac and Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
- Easy to install
- It also comes with a Chromium-based web browser
- Small download size
- The antivirus works as anti-ransomware software for extra protection.
- It blocks phishing emails, links, and dangerous websites.
- It sends you real-time updates and alerts, so you always know the status of your device’s security.
- The antivirus comes with webcam protection, preventing hackers and spies from watching you.
- AVG Antivirus features an improved firewall, which you can access even with a free account.
==>>> Get AVG Ultimate Antivirus
7. Panda Security
Price – Starting from $17.49 per year
With Panda Security, you are sure to enjoy protection against spyware and ransomware. This Antivirus is highly rated by cyber security experts and also by its customers.
It comes with tons of exciting features, including real-time protection. It is one of the best Antivirus for 2022, undoubtedly.
It’s possible to use the Panda Security antivirus for free. And many users agree it’s one of the best free options available. You, too, may agree if you consider the features of the free antivirus.
First, the free antivirus has a maximum detection rate, meaning nothing goes unnoticed. Second, it’s easy to use. Third, the antivirus is lightweight, such that you will almost forget it is active.
Considering the lightweight operation, it’s because Panda Security operates from the cloud. Nothing is stored locally on your computer.
Aside from antivirus protection, Panda Security also provides USB security. It scans any USB you insert into your computer and gets rid of any detected virus or malware.
Furthermore, the antivirus features what’s called the “Panda rescue kit.” This “kit” will help you recover your files should your device suffer a virus or malware attack.
However, note that the free antivirus is only available for Windows and Android devices.
Key Features of Panda Security
- Protection against spyware
- Protection against all types of malware
- Remote access
- Protection against unknown threats
- Safe browsing
- Backup copies
- Multimedia/gaming mode
- The antivirus is available for free for Windows and Android devices.
- The software has USB protection to fight viruses and malware from USB devices.
- It’s easy to use and lightweight in the background.
- It features a rescue kit to ensure you don’t lose your files if your devices get infected by virus or malware.
==>>> Get Panda Dome Security
Price – Starting from $30 per year for one device
BullGuard is an award-winning antivirus program that was created in 2001 in the United Kingdom.
Just like other antivirus programs, it protects your device against viruses and malware. It is also capable of cleaning up existing malware infestations. You cannot go wrong choosing BullGuard Antivirus.
BullGuard is primarily an internet security software that is as reliable as an antivirus solution as any other antivirus.
With its multiple defense layers, it provides all-round protection. Aside from viruses and malware mentioned earlier, BullGuard will also protect you from phishing, spyware, rootkits, and botnets.
One of the main advantages of using the BullGuard antivirus is that it’s effortless to use. It’s a software you can install and forget, but it’ll always be active to protect your device.
Furthermore, with BullGuard, you get top-notch 24/7 support. If you have any issues with using the software, you can reach the customer support team via email or live chat. Online remote access support is also available.
However, note that BullGuard is currently a part of NortonLifeLock — which also consists of Norton and Avira, two renowned device security programs.
Key Features of BullGuard Antivirus
- It has real-time malware protection and on-demand disk scans
- It has a vulnerability scanner
- It boosts gaming performance
- Bullguard Antivirus keeps devices safe from phishing, spyware, rootkits, and botnets.
- The software is easy to install and won’t consume much of your device’s resources.
- The customer support team is available all day every day via live chat or email.
- It’s a dependable solution for internet security, to ensure safe browsing.
- Bullguard works with Avira and Norton as NortonLifeLock.
==>>> Get BullGuard Antivirus
Price – Starting from $39.99 per year
ESET, an acronym for Essential Security against Evolving Threats, also makes it to this list today.
It is capable of protecting your device against viruses, phishing, spyware, and other cyber threats. It has outstanding performance and also comes with an anti-theft tool.
With ESET, you get an antivirus and internet security software all in one. It’s available for individual, home, business, and enterprise users. And depending on your needs, you can opt for the essential security or the advanced security, or the premium security version.
The essential security version will protect your devices from virus and ransomware attacks. But it’s only available for one computer at a time.
Meanwhile, the advanced security version will work on Windows, macOS, and Android simultaneously. It also protects against viruses and ransomware, but goes the extra to prevent hackers and keep your payment transactions safe.
With the premium security version, you get every feature that ESET has to offer. In that regard, you would expect it to come with all features of the essential and advanced versions. It does and features extra features like a password manager and file encryptor.
Furthermore, ESET is a high-speed antivirus. It’ll ensure your device runs smoothly without interruptions.
Key Features of ESET
- Antimalware software with a password manager
- It has a secure browser and web protection feature.
- Anti-theft protection and advanced diagnostics.
- Parental controls and device encryption
- The antivirus software is available for Windows, Mac, and Android devices.
- The antivirus is fast and subsequently will make your computer operate faster.
- It protects your payment accounts when you make online transactions.
==>>> Get ESET
10. Vipre Antivirus
- Antivirus Plus: $9.99 per year for 1 PC, $14.99 per year for up to 5 PCs, $17.99 per year for up to 10 PCs
- Advanced Security: $19.99 per year for 1 PC, $23.99 per year for up to 5 PCs, $28.99 per year for up to 10 PCs
- Ultimate Security Bundle: $39.99 per year for up to 5 PCs, $52.99 per year for up to 10 PCs
VIPRE Antivirus is an affordable security program known for its ability to provide good overall protection for your computer.
It received the PC Antivirus Reviews publisher’s choice award for best antivirus product in 2020. Also, it is one of the best antiviruses for 2022 on this list today.
Vipre is notable as a business antivirus solution. It comes with endpoint protection, security awareness, data loss prevention, and email security all in one easy-to-use software.
The antivirus is also popular among home users. The plus version, in fact, particularly focuses on home protection with samples of over a million different malware.
As already mentioned, Vipre is easy to use. A notable feature is an option to schedule scans at any time and at any depth. In addition, you can regularly search for updates to ensure that your version can handle the latest viruses and malware.
If you’re in the United States, you can leverage Vipre’s premium customer support. If you’re not in the United States, you can still make use of other available support channels.
Vipre is a premium antivirus, but you don’t have to pay from the onset. The antivirus comes with a 30-day free trial, which gives you access to all features.
Key Features of Vipre Antivirus
- It integrates with Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express for email protection and monitors instant messages
- It offers real-time protection
- It has an intuitive interface and protects against all forms of malware, as well as adware
- Good customer support
- The platform offers exclusive support to users in the US.
- Vipre allows you to schedule deep and shallow scans at any time.
- The antivirus can detect up to a million malware types.
- It is regularly updated so you can rely on the antivirus to fight novel viruses and malware.
==>>> Get Vipre Antivirus
11. Acronis True Image
- Essentials (One Year Subscription) – $49.99
- Advanced (One Year Subscription) – $89.99
- Premium (One Year Subscription) – $124.99
Acronis True Image is one of the antivirus software that is perfect for the security of your device. It has an exemplary user interface and other features that are expected of a good antivirus.
Based on recent research, we realized that many customers are satisfied with the service of Acronis True Image.
What you get from Acronis True Image is complete digital protection. Complete in the sense that it protects you both online and offline and locally and remotely. So long as the software is active, you’re protected.
As an antivirus and anti-malware solution, Acronis True Image does more than rid your devices of these unwanted files. You also get a reliable backup solution.
A backup solution is an advantage for any antivirus software. It helps ensure you recover your files if your computer is infected. You can back up files, applications, and even complete operating systems.
Be rest assured, however, that the Acronis True Image antivirus will ensure your device doesn’t get infected in the first place.
The Acronis True Image antivirus works in real-time, just like many other antiviruses on this list. But in addition to working in real-time, Acronis True Image uses AI to predict malware attacks. Such attacks get blocked before they even begin.
Features of Acronis True Image
- Antivirus on-demand scan
- Real-time protection
- Protection against malware
- The antivirus employs artificial intelligence to block viruses and malware before they manifest.
- It works as a dependable backup solution for restoring your files after a virus or malware attack.
- It offers complete digital protection both online and offline.
- The antivirus comes with an intuitive, easy to use interface.
==>>> Get Acronis True Image
12. Kaspersky Antivirus
Price – From $39.99 and above
Kaspersky Internet Security is an excellent antivirus for Windows, Mac, and Android.
If you want to be protected when browsing and looking for the best Antivirus for your needs, this is one of the most valid and best valued by authorized sources. It is an excellent product, with a very high level of protection and a low cost.
Kaspersky’s strong point is the protection against malware, and in particular, it is an exceptional anti-ransomware. It offers fast scanning, which detects many threats within minutes.
Suppose you choose to settle for the Kaspersky antivirus. In that case, you’ll have to choose between the Home or Business version, depending on your needs. Both versions are, however, reliable.
Considering the Home version, you get an advanced antivirus and a device performance booster. So, not only does it remove viruses, malware, and ransomware. It also helps ensure your device is running smoothly.
Kaspersky does this by removing non-useful software and updating useful ones. This feature will work on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Furthermore, you get browsing protection with Kaspersky. The antivirus comes with tools to stop online tracking, malicious ads, and data theft.
Subsequently, after installing the antivirus software, you can browse anonymously and uninterruptedly.
You can rely on Kaspersky antivirus to protect your device from hackers. In particular, the antivirus comes with tools that detect and block phishing and that improve the performance of your firewall.
Key Features of Kaspersky Antivirus
- It protects your privacy by preventing the tracker from collecting sensitive data
- It is a lightweight software that does not affect performance
- Effectively blocks viruses, malware, and attacks
- It protects payments made online
- It blocks unauthorized access attempts to the webcam
- The Kaspersky antivirus will work on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- It helps keep your applications and programs up to date.
- It helps uninstall and remove applications and programs you do not use.
- It blocks online phishing attempts.
- It protects your device by optimizing your firewall.
==>>> Get Kaspersky Antivirus
Pricing – $48.95/year
Defencebyte is fast becoming one of the leading antivirus companies ever since it was founded in 2013. This Antivirus is mainly available for Windows OS and comes with a 24/7 live support feature.
It should be one of your go-to software when it comes to protecting your device against malware.
For starters, you can try out the antivirus for free. It comes with a free trial that lasts for thirty days, and you get to access all the key antivirus features.
But DefenceByte identifies as an antimalware more than an antivirus. It further uncovers hidden ransomware anywhere they are on your computer.
You can schedule scans to run at specific times, and the interface is intuitive, so you’ll find this scheduling easy. Not to mention, DefenceByte is yet another lightweight software to feature on this list of best antivirus 2022.
When you use DefenceByte, you protect not just your device alone, but also your network. The only downside, as referenced earlier, is that you can only use it if you’re a Windows user.
Features of Defencebyte
- It protects against malware
- It has a roll-back mechanism feature
- Efficient antiransomware protection
- Defencebyte has a sandbox testing environment
- It has specialised plans for different types of users.
- The antivirus is particularly optimised to work with Windows computers.
- It provides both device and network protection.
- It is lightweight and easy to install and easy to set up.
==>>> Get Defencebyte
14. G DATA Security
- G Data Antivirus – $29.95/year
- G Data Internet Security – $39.95/year
- G Data Total Security – $49.95/year
- G Data Antivirus For Mac – $39.95/year
G Data Security is a malware-fighting tool from Germany and one of the best antiviruses for 2022.
Aside from being a great antivirus, it has a good spam filter coupled with other exciting features.
You may check out more features of G DATA Security below;
Key Features of G DATA Security Antivirus
- It has a dual malware-scanning engine
- It has an excellent performance
- It protects against keyloggers, ransomware, banking Trojans, and other cyber threats
- The software scans over 600,000 malicious files every day.
- The antivirus comes in two exclusive versions for Windows and Mac, respectively.
- G Data Security employs next-gen antivirus technologies.
- It scans emails to detect potential malicious attachments.
- It studied file behavior to identify viruses and malware infections beforehand.
==>>> Get G DATA Security Antivirus
15. Intego Antivirus
- Personal (1PC/1 year) – $24.99
- Family (3PC/1year) – $33.99
- Extended (5 PC/1year) – $40.99
Intego Antivirus is another antivirus that cannot be skipped on a list like this.
It is one of the best antiviruses for macOS, with a lot of great features. This Antivirus is capable of providing excellent security for your device.
So what is stopping you from trying it out?
Key Features of Intego Antivirus
- It is ideal for a Mac-user
- It has decent real-time protection against malware
- It takes very little time to download
- It comes with a lot of features (especially for a Mac antivirus)
- It is available for macOS and iOS
==>>> Get Intego Antivirus
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions related to the best Antivirus for 2022.
So let’s dive in;
What Is An Antivirus Software?
Antivirus software is a program that detects, prevents, and acts to remove malicious software programs such as viruses and worms.
These programs are used to protect and prevent computers and other devices from viruses to provide more security to the user.
There are several ways a device can contract a virus. They can appear via USB flash drives, emails, sites with questionable content, downloading infected files and programs, and many other means.
These viruses are intended to interfere with the functioning of the computer or other device to register, corrupt, destroy data and transfer information to another computer.
Meanwhile, Antivirus has several identification methods to prevent these viruses, such as automatic updating, scanning, quarantine, and other means.
Do You Really Need Antivirus Software?
In this digital age, where almost everyone is online, cybersecurity has become a crucial concern.
We are constantly surrounded by our gadgets, from smartphones to PC and tablets. In fact, we are co-dependent on these devices for our survival or to meet our daily needs.
So, everyone needs to protect their computer, and one way to do that is by having a trusted Antivirus installed. An antivirus software cleans a device, be it a PC or a mobile phone, from malicious attacks by hackers.
Not only does it clean viruses, but it also serves as protection to ensure that viruses do not enter the system.
Some of the best-known Antivirus are Heimdal Security, McAfee, Norton Antivirus, Bullguard, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Panda Security, AVG, ESET, Vipre Antivirus, Acronis True Image, Defencebyte, G DATA Security, Intego Antivirus, Avira, Avast, and AVG.
How Much Does Antivirus Cost?
The cost of antivirus software varies because it depends on the brand of Antivirus you are buying and its pricing options.
You can get Antivirus software for as cheap as $23 per year to as expensive as $125. Meanwhile, check out some of the antivirus programs’ prices below;
Threat Prevention Home – $34.98/year
Next-Gen Antivirus Home – $35.97/year
Premium Security Home – $39.98/year
New Customers – $34.49 per year
Family – $34.99 per year
Individuals/Couples – $29.99 per year
Single device – $24.99 per year
Norton Antivirus Basic – $19.99 per year
Norton 360 Deluxe – $49.99 per year
Norton 360 With LifeLock – $99.48 per year
Trend Micro Antivirus Security – $29.95 per year
Trend Micro Internet Security – $39.95 per year
Trend Micro Maximum Security – $49.95 per year
AVG Antivirus – Free
AVG Internet Security – $3.99/month
AVG Ultimate – $9.49/month
Personal (1PC/1 year) – $24.99 per year
Family (3PC/1year) – $33.99 per year
Extended (5 PC/1year) – $40.99 per year
Is It Worth Paying For Antivirus Software?
Yes, it is worth paying for Antivirus. Meanwhile, it depends on how much you value your data.
Your data can be in any format, from photos, videos, music, files, documents, or almost anything. Also, if you are an organization, protecting your data is compulsory.
So, paying for a dependable antivirus like Surfshark Antivirus can never be a waste of money. You should think of it as an investment or a promise you’re making to protect your sensitive data and devices.
Which Is The Best Antivirus For Multiple Devices?
If you don’t want to buy separate antivirus licenses for each of your devices, the best option for you is to buy an antivirus program that can protect your devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 10?
Trend Micro provides complete protection to your Windows 10 PC against viruses, malware, Trojans, spyware, adware, or any malicious threat that could infect or damage your device.
It provides real-time protection against threats; also, it remains active in the background. It also keeps a constant scan of your system to check for viruses or malware to prevent them from entering your device.
In addition to offering complete PC protection against threats, Kaspersky Antivirus boosts your device’s performance, offers additional features like a virtual keyboard, VPN, Password Manager, and more.
Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 11?
McAfee Antivirus is the Best Antivirus for Windows 11.
This Antivirus offers excellent performance and solid protection. Also, thanks to the friendly and straightforward user interface, you won’t have any trouble adapting to it.
This Antivirus will protect you from viruses, ransomware, and other online threats in terms of protection.
Privacy and online banking protection are also available in this version so that you will remain protected against data theft and phishing attacks.
In general, Kaspersky Antivirus offers robust protection. Still, if you want to use it on different platforms such as Mac, iOS, or Android, you will need to purchase the version of Kaspersky Internet Security.
What Antivirus Should I use in 2022?
You should use the best Antivirus for 2022.
These Antivirus programs include Surfshark Antivirus, Heimdal Security, McAfee, Norton Antivirus, Bullguard, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Panda Security, AVG, ESET, Vipre Antivirus, Acronis True Image, Defencebyte, G DATA Security, Intego Antivirus, Avira, Avast, and AVG.
Note that the Antivirus mentioned above has been updated to fight against all kinds of malware that may be attacking your devices. Also, prevent your device against them.
What Is The Best Antivirus For Windows 10 2021?
Unlike previous versions of Windows OS like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 is much more versatile and improved when it comes to security.
However, with each passing day, hackers are getting nasty and continue to find new and powerful ways to gain unauthorized access to our devices.
Now viruses and malware infections are much more powerful than you think, even smarter to get caught by a suite of antiviruses.
Which Total Security Is The Best?
In case you need an all-in-one security program for your device, then you need Total Security.
Total security programs provide all the features to give your system complete protection without installing too much security software.
Some of the features of total security programs include; VPN, Antivirus, Firewall, Antispam, Password Manager, and more.
These total security programs are the best because they have been confirmed by many cyber security experts and are also well recommended by their users.
READ ALSO: Best VPN For 2022
What Is The Difference Between Antivirus Software And Antimalware?
Both Antivirus and antimalware software are usually confused with each other. Although they might be performing similar functions, they are not the same.
Viruses are a specific malware program that is capable of replicating and spreading through the system. In contrast, malware is a broad term referring to all types of malicious software, including viruses, trojans, adware, rootkits, spyware, and ransomware.
This means that viruses are malware, but not all malware is a virus.
Therefore, Antivirus is a software program designed to detect and eliminate viruses and other malicious system software. At the same time, antimalware is a program that protects the system against all types of malware, including viruses, Trojans, worms, and adware.
In addition to that, Antivirus programs are designed to scan the system to determine malicious behaviour in programs and remove any threats before they reach the system. They run in the background, keeping your system protected at all times.
They also allow users to schedule scans or start new scans whenever they want.
On the other hand, Antimalware is a specific type of program designed to scan, detect, and remove even the most advanced malware, with real-time active monitoring and protection.
They protect against malware, including viruses, bots, Trojans, worms, phishing, spyware, ransomware, and adware.
Antivirus is a software utility program designed to protect your system from viruses and malware to prevent them from modifying or corrupting other programs on your system.
It defends the system 24 hours a day and, if it finds any malicious program, it immediately removes it from the system.
From the list above, Surfshark Antivirus, Heimdal Security McAfee, Norton Antivirus, and Trend Micro are the best antivirus for 2022 because of their numerous features and endorsement from cyber security experts.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of people searching for the best Antivirus for 2022.
All you need to do is to share this article using the social share buttons.
Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts about the list in the comment section below.
- How To Clean An Infected Computer
- Here Are The Best Windows 7 Antivirus After Support Ends
- Best Cloud Storage Services According To Reddit Users
- Web Host Agents Scam Exposed [Eye Opener and Must Read]
- Best Home Security Cameras According To Reddit Users
- Best Password Manager According To Reddit Users
- 10 Best VPN According To Quora Users
- 5 Best Antivirus For Xiaomi Phone [Tested, Reviewed & Ranked]
- SurfShark Antivirus Review 2021 [MUST READ]
- How To Remove Avast Password Manager [ALL DEVICES]