Web hosting services provide you with the platform to get your website online and accessible by your target audience. Therefore, every web designers should have a reliable secure web hosting for your website.
The type of web hosting you patronize determines the success rate of your website. Hence, web builders lookout for a web hosting platform that provides them with an array of tools and services such as domain name services, website creator wizard, dedicated email services, backup services, etc. that meets up with their need as a developer.
Furthermore, to make your decision easier, you should consider the following criteria and the advantages you might get before jumping at a web hosting provider.
- Your hosting needs
- Server reliability and uptime. This affects your website’s availability online. I will recommend choosing a web hosting provider that assures you of a minimum 99.5% uptime in a year.
- Technical support availability: it is best you choose a host that provides you with 24/7 technical support.
- Availability of website backup to restore your site should anything go wrong
- Affordability: Pricing and maintenance cost is a crucial factor to consider before choosing a hosting provider
- Consider selecting a hosting provider that supports multiple websites and domain addition on a single hosting plan
- A web hosting provider with email hosting will be perfect for receiving feedbacks and also getting a higher conversion rate
- Security: secure web hosting services have active measures to protect you from attacks.
- User Interface: an easy to use interface makes it easy to navigate and perform tasks effortlessly
Below are suggestions of six best web hosting services that will provide you with optimized services based on the criteria I have stated above
Six Best Secure Web Hosting for Web Designers
NameCheap, as the name implies, offers affordable domains that come with an SSL certificate. Some of the attractive features of NameCheap include but are not limited to dedicated servers, VPS, reseller hosting, WordPress, and shared hosting.
Additionally, NameCheap provides a server uptime guarantee for its customers. The various shared hosting option on this platform enjoy 100% uptime. However, VPS and Reseller may enjoy uptimes slightly lower than 100% uptime.
Also, NameCheap provides a reachable customer service line to help you with any challenges you might encounter.
Read Also: 5 of the Best Secure Web Browsers
This is one of the most affordable shared hosting service providers. Presently, Hostinger hosts over 29 million websites, with an average loading speed of 363ms and an uptime rating of 99.5%.
In case you run into any challenge and require a quick response, their 24/7 live chat option is available. For stronger security, Hostinger servers make use of modules such as PHP, Suhosin PHP hardening, Apache mod_security, and more. Constantly rewriting backend codes and removing irrelevant codes also helps to keep the platform secure.
Liquid Web is one of the best web hosting platforms available for web developers. They offer unique services to their clients at affordable rates. Its managed hosting is in three sections, and it doesn’t include word press. With Liquid Web, the installation of e-commerce tools and other blogging software is made much easier.
Users of Liquid Web also have access to SSH and 24/7 customer support availability.
iPage manages its hosting on two data centers and is known to host about a million websites or more on the internet. iPage has a Fast page loading time of about 770ms, and for over two years now, they have recorded an uptime average of 99.97%. iPage provides high-quality web hosting services at affordable rates with a free SSL certificate and free email services.
FatCow is a beginner-friendly web hosting provider, which provides web designers with affordable secure web hosting services. Although FatCow has its shortcomings, it is nonetheless one of the best web hosting providers for web developers. It has a setup time of about seven (7) minutes and also provides a 24/7 customer care line and email services to help you with all your needs.
Compared with other web-hosting providers, FatCow offers you high-performance servers for your web hosting, unlimited storage space, bandwidth, databases, and emails.
This is a powerful user-friendly platform which automatically sets up WordPress and provides basic website builder features. Bluehost is owned by Endurance International Group (EIG) and is based in Utah, United States.
Bluehost follows various security measures such as user, account, physical, host, network, and software security to ensure the safety of their client’s data.
Subscribing to any of BlueHost’s web hosting plan entitles you to
- A free domain name for one year
- Free SSL certificate
- WordPress installation with a single click
- 24/7 customer support
Aside from web hosting, you also get access to marketing tools and services with paid ads to promote your website.
Finally, choosing a secure web hosting provider shouldn’t be a tough decision for web designers to make. We will recommend any of the web hosting providers I have carefully selected, bearing your needs in mind.
- Top Cybersecurity Trends Every Web Developer Should Expect in 2020
- What are Cyber Threats? How to Secure your Computer against Cyber Threats?
MUST READ: SecureBlitz is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. For more information, check out Our Affiliate Disclosure Page.