Whether you are hearing about VPN Mount Sinai for the first time or you want to learn more about it. Here is the right place be to be.
The importance of VPNs for companies and organizations today cannot be underestimated.
VPNs help to protect your company’s database from cyber hackers as it uses encrypted connections to secure data transmission. Aside from that, it helps users to unblock geo-restricted content as well as other great features.
If you want to have faith in your internet connection, you’ll need to be a reliable VPN for security. Using VPN can improve speed and performance. Try to choose a free trial vpn or, like vpn.troywell.org, without fee.
According to a recent study, 29% of internet users mentioned that they use VPN because it is required for their job while 27% of them confirmed that it helps them access secure networks for their job.
Another statistics report in 2020 shows that 49% of internet users leverage VPN for general security while 40% use it for their general privacy.
Therefore, I am sure that you must have come across a lot of VPNs before now but today, I will let you know everything that you must know about VPN Mount Sinai.
What Is VPN Mount Sinai?
VPN Mount Sinai is the VPN access made available for staff and students of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) which is formerly known as the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (MSSN).
ISMMS is a medical school in New York City authorized by Mount Sinai Hospital in 1963.
This university has over 6000 staff, 560+ Masters’ students, 90+ Master’s/PhD Students, and over 270 Ph.D. students where all of them are entitled to the VPN Mount Sinai.
How To Access Mount Sinai VPN?
In other to access mount Sinai VPN, you need to follow the instructions below;
PART 1 – Registering your Tokens
STEP 1 – Download the VIP Access App. Android users should search for ‘VIP access’ on Google Playstore to download and install the app. IOS users can search the same term on App Store to download and install.
STEP 2 – Register your Credential ID (Tokens). To do this you need to be on-site else you should contact @ 212-241-4357 to do registration for you. So below are links to register your tokens depending on your location.
- For Hospital – https://register4vip.
- For School – https://register4vip.mssm.edu
- For BISLR/CHPNET B- https://register4vip.chpnet.
STEP 3 – Sign in using your network username and password, then click on the register ‘’Button”.
STEP 4 – Proceed with your registration by inputting the details;
- Credential Name – This is the name of the token device such as; iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, among others.
- Credential ID – It is the fixed 12 digit code from the beginning of the security token such as; AVTxxxxxxxx(key fob) or VSMxxxxxxxx(software token).
- Security Code – A digit code from the security token that changes every 30 seconds.
STEP 5 – Submit
PART 2 – Accessing the VPN
STEP 1 – Login to Mt Sinai VPN
Below are the URLs to access the mount Sinai VPN;
- For Hospital Employees – https://msvpn.mountsinai.org
- For School Employees – https://msvpn.mssm.edu
- For Vendor Employees – https://msvpn-vendor.
- For Existing BISLR Vendors – https://mshsvpn-vendors.
STEP 2 – Input your Network ID for your Username and then input the password.
STEP 3 – Open the VIP Access Application on your phone.
STEP 4 –Enter the VIP security code. Note that this changes every 60 seconds, then click on ‘’Log On’’
STEP 5 – You will be directed to a page that offers you a link to your Webmail.
How Do I Register For Mt Sinai VIP?
The Mt Sinai VIP Two-Factor authentication is a security process that requires the user to provide two authentication factors to verify their identity.
Meanwhile, this is requisite for all users to log in to the Mt Sinai network over a VPN from a remote place. However, you need to download the Symantec VIP Access application as well as register your token before you can use the two-factor authentication.
So below are the steps to register for Mt Sinai VIP;
- Install the VIP access application on your device. For Android, IOS, and Windows you can visit https://vip.symantec.com/ to download and install.
- Proceed to register your Credential ID (tokens) with your Mt Sinai network account. For your hospital account visit https://register4vip.
mountsinai.org to register while for school accounts visit https://register4vip.mssm.edu
NOTE: In case you are not available on-site you can contact 212-241-4357 to register your token remotely.
- Login with your network ID and password.
- Click on “Register”
- Now fill the form using the details provided by the VIP access application or Hardware. This information includes;
- Credential Name: Here you will enter the description of the token device. This can be home PC, Android, iPhone, iPad, e.t.c.
- Security Code: This is the 6 digit code from the security token. It changes every 30 seconds.
- Credential ID: This is usually a 12 digit code starting the security token; AVTxxxxxxxx (key fob) or VSMxxxxxxxxx (software token).
- Click on the submit button to complete your registration.
How Do I Access My Mount Sinai Email?
Before you can access your mount Sinai email, you must have registered a two-factor authentication token at https://itsecurity.mssm.edu/
- Visit https://msvpn.mountsinai.org if you are a hospital employee with your “@mountsinai.org” email address while the school employees who have the “@mssm.edu” email address should visit https://msvpn.mssm.edu.
- Enter your AD username that your network account ID.
- Input your Password and then click on ‘’Continue’’.
- Now enter your 6 – Digit VIP Security code (this changes every 30 seconds)
- Click on the ‘’login’’ button.
- You will be then directed to a page that redirects you to webmail. From there you can select the category of the email you want to access (School E-mail, Hospital E-mail, Outlook 365).
Why Should I Use A VPN?
There are a lot of reasons you should use a VPN but above all, it is because it improves your online security. Meanwhile, you see some of these reasons below;
- It provides a secure connection in public networks
It is common for us to connect our computers to unknown networks when we are away from home. Meanwhile, there is no guarantee that these networks are secured.
So, having a VPN service could keep you safe from the sight of third parties and even from any intruder who is lurking in the network in question.
- It protects your identity and location
When establishing a connection through a VPN network, the registration systems would only be seeing the identification data provided by the VPN server to which you are connected and not the actual data provided by your ISP.
This is extremely useful for the protection of your identity and location data.
- It provides full access to content and offers
Being on a VPN brings an air of full access to any service or website in the world. In that sense, when browsing through one, you could have access to Netflix content that may not be available in your country. Likewise, many shopping portals have better prices depending on your location.
Mount Sinai VPN Alternatives – Recommended VPN Services To Use
If you have paid close attention to everything you have learned about the Mount Sinai VPN, you will notice the following;
- The Mount Sinai VPN is only available for staff and students of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS).
- The registration process may be long especially when you are not present in the location.
- The VPN is limited to one user.
So below are the recommended VPN service you can use from any part of the world. These VPNs are easy to use, have a great number of servers in several countries, allows simultaneous connections, and many more.
- 1 month plan – $12/month
- 6 months Plan – $6/month
- 2 Years Plan – $2.25/month
Get CyberGhost VPN
- VPN – $3.75/month
- VPN + Backup – $4.58/month
- 1 month plan – $10.95/month
- 1 year plan – $3.74/month
- 2 years plan – $2.91/month
- 1 month plan – $11.95/month
- 1-year plan -$4.92/month
- 2 year plan – $3.67/month
- 1-month plan – $9.95/month
- 1 year plan – $3.66/month
Get Ivacy VPN
Private Internet Access (PIA VPN)
- 1-month plan – $9.95/month
- 1 year plan – $3.33/month
- 3 years plan – $2.19/month
Get PIA VPN
- 1-month plan – $12.95/month
- 6 month plan – $6.49/month
Get Surfshark VPN
Wrapping Up The VPN Mount Sinai Explainer
Now that you know what Mount Sinai VPN is all about, you should share this article online with others who might also find it useful.
In case, you are not satisfied with Mount Sinai VPN features and don’t want to go through the long process of installing.
Ensure that you try the recommended VPNs which include; CyberGhost VPN, IPVanish VPN, PureVPN, NordVPN, Ivacy VPN, Private Internet Access VPN, and Surfshark VPN. They come with a lot of great features and are easy to use.
Do you have any questions about Mount Sinai VPN? Share them with us in the comment section.