In this post, we will review the VyprVPN service, its features, and exciting perks.
VyprVPN is a VPN service based in Switzerland, was established in 2009 by Golden Frog, an internet privacy firm.
Additionally, VyprVPN is privacy-focused, and it has taken giant strides in providing privacy and security for its users worldwide by acquiring more than 700 servers spread in 70 locations. Also, it developed the propriety chameleonVPN, which allows it to evade China’s Great Firewall.
Nonetheless, VyprVPN is coming under our review because of the drastic steps it has taken to revamp its services since 2018.
Therefore, this full review will give you in summaries the critical information you should know about VyprVPN. Also, it will help you to make an informed decision about subscribing to VyprVPN services.
Key Features Of VyprVPN
Like other excellent VPN services, VyprVPN has an intuitive user interface that makes it easy for non-tech users to familiarize themselves with its vibrant features.
Tapping on the ‘Connect’ button connects you to the fastest server available automatically. Its customization button enables you to switch on or off functionalities like automatic Wi-Fi protection, tunneling, VPN protocol, DNS, etc.
Likewise, users can access any of VyprVPN’s 70 server locations from the ‘Server’ button.
When it comes to a simplified user Interface, VyprVPN got it all figured out for both tech and non-tech users alike.
VyprVPN supports the following VPN protocols:
- Chameleon VPN protocol
- OpenVPN protocol
Chameleon VPN protocol is VyprVPN’s propriety VPN protocol that enables users within and outside of China to be able to use their VPN services. This makes VyprVPN a better option for unblocking geo-restricted services in China and other internet-strict countries. That way, users can bypass the government’s strict surveillance of users’ internet privacy.
Although OpenVPN protocol is a better option in terms of speed and security, other available VPN protocols are equally efficient at providing speed and security to users.
Encryption and Data Security
Security is VyprVPN’s strong point; in this aspect, other VPN service providers do not have to surpass its security features.
VyprVPN uses the following encryption protocols to provide privacy and security for users’ data:
- Military-grade AES-256 bit encryption protocol + 2048-bit RSA keys
- SHA256-bit authentication, and Perfect Forward Secrecy which prevents the re-use of compromised RSA keys
- VyprVPN’s Killswitch protects your data from accidental exposure when the VPN service disconnects. This feature is switched on automatically for premium subscribers; you can choose to customize this setting in VyprVPN’s ‘Customization’ settings.
- VyprVPN has an automatic Wi-Fi protection feature that protects you whenever you connect to an unsecured Wi-Fi network. This feature works automatically. Hence, you do not need to connect to the VPN before enjoying this feature.
IP and Location Leak Protection
VyprVPN protects its users against DNS leaks with its private DNS servers. Users can opt for a third-party DNS service provider like Google DNS.
It is advisable to disable both IPV6 and WebRTC on your computer when using the VyprVPN service to prevent IP and location leakage via IPV6 and WebRTC.
Connectivity speed varies with a wide range of factors such as nearness to an available server, server optimization, server traffic, etc.
Testing VyprVPN’s connectivity speed when connected to a server in the US and UK, we were able to record an average connectivity speed of 47mbps in some locations. Although VyprVPN records speed range between 13mbps to 56mbps, it can do well to improve its connectivity speed to meet up with other leading VPN providers in the industry.
With over 700 servers spread in 70 locations, users can access censored websites, stream geo-blocked contents, and also stream torrents. Testing Vypr’s performance, we were able to grade VyprVPN’s performance in three key areas which are:
- Bypassing popular geo-blocked services: From our tests, we were able to access geo-blocked contents from Netflix US, ESPN Plus, Hulu, Spotify, BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, Disney+, and Sky Go.
- Torrenting: Although VyprVPN’s policy does not encourage torrenting, it does have P2P servers optimized for torrenting. Its ‘no-log’ policy makes it impossible to hand-over non-existing users’ data to the authorities.
- Accessing government-censored sites: With VyprVPN, we were able to bypass governments’ firewalls to access censored websites.
VyprVPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, browsers, and OS which include
- Windows OS(app version available)
- Android OS (app version)
- Android TV
- Mac OS (app version available)
- iOS (app version)
- Google Chrome (web browser extension)
- Mozilla Firefox (web browser extension)
- Opera (web browser extension)
VyprVPN has app versions for major Operating Systems, browser extensions, and OpenVPN for configuring routers, SmartTVs, etc. Hence, it has a wide range of compatibility, and it supports up to 5 connections simultaneously.
READ ALSO: Full Surfshark VPN Review
VyprVPN’s No-Logs Policy
VyprVPN does not log in its users’ source IP addresses and locations; neither does it log assigned IP addresses, nor any users’ data traffic information. Hence, it maintains a zero log policy as verified by independent auditors.
- A verified ‘no log’ policy from third-party VPN audit
- Owns and operates over 700 servers in 70 locations
- One of the few VPN services that can bypass China’s great firewall
- It is located in Switzerland, a country outside of the 5/9/14 Eye Alliance, and with strict privacy laws.
- Unblocks Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, Spotify, etc.
- Supports P2P torrenting
- Does not accept Cryptocurrency payment option
It takes customer support a step further by making available help center where users can get useful information such as VyprVPN in china, troubleshooting issues, and FAQs page.
You can also use their Livechat feature to chat with customer representatives or submit an online form that gets you speedy answers via your email address.
Based on its robust security features, widespread server locations, proprietary Chameleon VPN protocol, and ability to unblock Netflix US and similar geo-blocked services; we will recommend VyprVPN as the ideal VPN for any internet user who desires a stable and secure VPN.
- How To Measure SEO Success: KPIs You Need To Track - January 5, 2021
- The ULTIMATE MailTrim Review – Free Email Management Service - December 15, 2020
- Top 3 D-Link Routers For The Tech-Savvy People - September 17, 2020