This post will show you what a VPN is all about. You will also identify the VPN features and benefits.
Before we proceed, you need to know what VPN is all about.
Table of Contents
What Is A VPN?
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a technology that cloaks a digital device across the internet and enables users to send/receive data. We have a list of the best VPN services; you can check them out.
In other words, when connected to a VPN, your connected data is anonymized through the VPN server network, thereby securing your online activity.
In the same vein, VPN applications can be run across several digital devices, such as Personal computers (PCs), desktops, smartphones, routers, etc.
Regardless, a VPN masks your IP address (identity) and presents its own facilitated identity online, giving you access to restricted websites and securing your privacy.
VPN Features and Benefits
|Enhanced security and privacy
|Masks your online activity and data from prying eyes, including ISPs, governments, and malicious actors.
|IP address anonymization:
|Increased online anonymity
|It hides your actual IP address and replaces it with a temporary one from the VPN server, making tracking your online activity and location harder.
|Access to geo-locked content:
|Bypassing content restrictions
|It enables you to access websites and streaming services blocked in your region by connecting to a server in a different location.
|Public Wi-Fi security:
|Protection on untrusted networks
|Encrypts your data on public Wi-Fi networks, reducing the risk of data breaches and unauthorized access.
|Data throttling prevention:
|Avoiding bandwidth limitations
|It prevents your ISP from throttling your internet speed based on your online activity.
|Ad blocking and tracking prevention:
|Enhanced privacy and control
|Some VPNs offer built-in ad blocking and tracking prevention features, further protecting your privacy and reducing intrusive ads.
|Selective encryption and access
|Choose which apps or websites use the VPN connection and which bypass it, maintaining access to local content while benefiting from VPN protection for specific activities.
|Multiple device support:
|Protection for various devices
|Use a single VPN subscription to secure all your devices, such as computers, smartphones, and tablets.
|Assistance and troubleshooting
|Access to customer support for installation, configuration, and troubleshooting issues.
What Are The Benefits Of A VPN?
There are a handful of benefits that you can derive from using a VPN. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
- Unrestricted data usage
Internet service providers usually throttle data usage to ensure that users stay within the bandwidth set for a particular location. This will undoubtedly impact your data usage if you spend most of your time online (maybe playing online games) or run a task requiring lots of data to function optimally.
- Access to geographically restricted services
VPN helps you mask your online presence. That way, you can access features that are restricted to specific locations.
- Online protection
It is also related to masking. VPNs ensure that you are not susceptible to cyber-attacks and data theft.
- Network security
Most websites these days use pixels to track users’ activities. VPN ensures that your activities are not followed. All breadcrumbs are erased.
- How To Identify And Avoid SMS Scams (With Infographics)
- The Ultimate Antivirus Software Guide: What Is An Antivirus?
- The Ultimate VPN Guide – What Is A VPN?
What Are The Basic Features Of A VPN?
Before you decide to use a particular Virtual Private Network, here are the features you should look out for:
- Vast Collection of Server Locations: This is non-negotiable for any VPN. All VPNs are meant to have an extensive collection of server locations you can pick from.
- No log policy: The whole essence of using a VPN in the first place is to secure your online activities. No VPN should ever keep track of your online activities.
- Multiple Device Connection: Your chosen VPN must be able to provide you the luxury of connecting more than one device at a time. The number can range from 5-10 or more.
- Maximum Encryption: A quality VPN service must have 256-bit encryption capability. If it functions otherwise, then you should look elsewhere.
- Affordability: No matter the quality of a VPN service, the most important thing is that users should be able to afford it. So, yeah, a VPN should have reasonable pricing.
Best VPN Services
If you are looking for the best VPNs in 2021, here is a list of premium and reliable VPNs you should explore;
The VPN services mentioned above are tested, trusted, and used by millions worldwide.
- READ ALSO: Honest And Unbiased CyberGhost VPN Review
A Final Thought About VPN Features And Benefits
In conclusion, the certified benefits of VPN cannot be over-emphasized. To an extent, a VPN can protect your online identity.
However, you may have to check the offers and features of your prospective VPN service provider before making a choice. Moreover, over 30 VPN service providers are in the cybersecurity industry world.
Have you made use of a VPN before? Share your fears about utilizing a VPN with us by commenting below.
- Best VPN For 2022
- Best Antivirus For 2022
- Are Online Trading Apps Safe?
- Full Virtual Shield VPN Review
- What Is VPN Mount Sinai All About?
- Best Phone Spy App For Android And iPhone You Should Try
- Identity Theft Is Not A Joke, Jim [MUST READ Parody]
- Best Paid Antivirus According To Reddit Users
- 10 Best VPNs According To Quora Users