In this post, we’ll show you how to uninstall programs on various Windows OS: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
It takes more than just dragging files to a recycle bin to get it uninstalled. Program files varies in their formats and complexity, hence, it is important to completely delete them during the removal process.
EXPLORE: How to Uninstall a Program on Mac OS
How To Uninstall Programs On Various Windows OS
Most Windows programs are removed easily with a one-time operation while others may require more than that. Here are some of the methods involved in some Windows:
Here, programs are uninstalled in no time. You just need to navigate to the start menu, click on all applications, and select the options menu. After that, you can then uninstall any program by clicking on the “uninstall” option displayed.
If you’re operating a Windows 8 system, right-click on the bottom left of the screen to open the control panel. Once opened, choose the option “uninstall a program.” All applications will be sub listed under “program” and you can choose to remove any of your choices.
Launch the Start menu and navigate to the control panel. Click on “uninstall a program” and select any program you wish to uninstall.
For Windows Vista and XP
You can uninstall programs by clicking on the start menu, after which you need to navigate to “Add or remove programs” from the control panel.
Some programs counter this method. In this case, you will have to uninstall them from the settings menu. After launching the start menu, go to “Settings” and choose the app you wish to uninstall by right-clicking and accessing the uninstall button.
READ ALSO: Is Windows Defender Enough for 2020?
Note: some programs may show no option to uninstall them. The reason for this is probably the length of the file’s registry key name. You would have to alter it and make it 60 characters or less. Be careful when editing registry key names, Microsoft cautions against doing it incorrectly so you might need to source through that before beginning the process.
- How to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Confidential: How to Access Windows Computer from a Mac PC
- 7 of the Best Windows 7 Antivirus After Support Ends
- How to Use Windows 7 Forever
- What are PUPs and how to remove PUPs from your computer
- How to Clear Caches on Windows, Mac, Android & iOS devices
- How To Set Up A New Computer
- Beat Quarantine Boredom With Free Online Games [MUST READ] - September 17, 2020
- Full Review Of Abine Blur - August 4, 2020
- 10 Most Secure Operating Systems (#9 Is Our Favourite) - July 28, 2020