Here, we will show you how to uninstall a program on Mac.
Uninstall process of programs on Mac should be a stroll in the park for avid Mac users. However, for the newbies, who have no prior knowledge/experience, it could be a bit difficult.
Hence, we have come up with a set of guidelines, to safely remove or uninstall a program on Mac. Read on!
How To Uninstall A Program On Mac OS
If you’re finding it difficult to uninstall a program on your Macbook, below are some guides for you:
Method 1: Uninstall via Launchpad
Uninstalling apps downloaded from App Store is quite simple and straightforward, via Launchpad.
To run this procedure, follow the guidelines below:
- Open the Launchpad program: click the F4 key or simply click on the Launchpad’s icon.
- Locate the app you wish to remove.
- Click and hold the app’s icon.
- In the prompted window, click on the X icon (at the top left-hand corner).
- Click on Delete in the confirmation prompt.
At times, this procedure could fail, especially if the program was not downloaded from App Store. In this case, you can adopt the alternative method via “Finder”.
Method 2: Uninstall via Finder
Follow the guidelines below, to uninstall a program on Mac – using Finder:
- Open Finder: click on the icon in your “Dock”.
- Click on Applications.
- Search for the program you wish to remove.
- Right-click the program
- Then, select Move to Trash.
- Click the “trash” icon in the next window.
- Select Empty.
This should remove the program and associated contents from your Mac.
Method 3: Uninstall in Dock
This is a much quicker way to uninstall programs on Mac, compared to aforementioned methods. It entails a simple drag and drop procedure.
To uninstall a program on Mac using this procedure;
- click on Applications in your “Dock”;
- drag and drop the target program in the trash;
- click the “Trash” icon; and
- select Empty.
Was this helpful?