The best AdBlock VPNs guarantee your online security and privacy. Surfshark, NordVPN, and CyberGhost VPN are a few. Find out more in this post.
A VPN helps you browse the internet anonymously and unblock websites by masking your IP address. Meanwhile, an AdBlock lets you browse the internet free from distracting adverts. You don’t have to get both tools separately. Instead, simply go for an Adblock VPN.
With an Adblock VPN, you get the functions of a VPN and an AdBlock all in one. Aside from being easier to use, going for an ad blocker VPN will save you money.
In this post, you will find the best AdBlock VPNs to use, their pros and cons, and pricing deals. Before we get to the in-depth reviews, here’s a quick rundown of the best AdBlock VPNs:
What Are The Best AdBlock VPNs?
- Surfshark – Best Adblock VPN for price
- NordVPN – Adblock VPN with thousands of servers
- Proton VPN – the best Adblock for fast browsing
- CyberGhost VPN — AdBlock VPN for privacy
- Atlas VPN – AdBlock VPN for streaming
- Private Internet Access – best open-source AdBlocker VPN
- TunnelBear – best free VPN with Ad Blocker
- Ivacy – best AdBlock VPN for long-term use
- PureVPN – best AdBlock VPN for unblocking websites
- VyprVPN – best VPN Ad Blocker for mobile
What To Look For in the Best Ad Blocker VPNs?
To pick the best AdBlock VPN, you must know the features that make the difference. In that regard, here are some key factors to look for in the best AdBlocker VPNs:
- Servers: If the VPN is the primary reason you need an Ad Blocker VPN, you must consider how many servers the tool has. The best options will come with hundreds and thousands of servers.
- Security: Security is always crucial for any VPN or Ad Blocker software. At the least, the VPN AdBlock tool should come with industry-standard encryption.
- Antimalware Protection: Adware can easily infect your device with malware, ransomware, spyware, and viruses. So, it’s ideal to consider an Ad Blocker VPN with protection against malware.
- No Logs: Some VPNs and AdBlockers track your online activities and log your data. Such options cannot rank among the bests. The best ad blocker VPN will not log your data and will also stop third parties from doing so.
- Compatibility: An AdBlock VPN you can use on almost any device is an advantage. Thankfully, most of these tools allow you to secure multiple devices simultaneously.
- Price: Finally, price is an important factor to consider. Indeed, you don’t want to break the bank to get an ad blocker. The good news, however, is that most of the best VPN Ad Blockers in this list are cost-friendly.
10 Best AdBlock VPNs
Now, let’s get to the main topic. Listed below are the ten best AdBlock VPNs to opt for. Each has been individually tested to be reliable.
The first on this list is Surfshark’s CleanWeb: an easy-to-use and affordable AdBlock VPN. In fact, CleanWeb is one of Surfshark’s latest features and, indeed, will ensure a clean web browsing experience.
The Surfshark AdBlock VPN is only available as a browser extension. So, you must download and install it on your Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser. Also, you will need an active Surfshark subscription to use the browser extension.
Why Choose Surfshark CleanWeb?
Surfshark CleanWeb has all the features you’ll need in an Adblock VPN. The new upgraded version of the extension will block ads and cookies and protect you against malware and online threats.
In other words, you get an ad blocker, pop-up blocker, data breach alert, and malware alert tool in one. With ads and pop-ups out of the way, you can browse faster and safer. You can also save money since ads consume browsing data.
You get strong AES 256 GCM encryption and a strict no-logs policy for the VPN. The highlight, however, is that you get more than 3,200 servers in 100 countries.
- Read Also: Surfshark Antivirus Review
As mentioned earlier, Surfshark CleanWeb is affordable. You can purchase a Surfshark subscription for 24 months at 84% off. At that discount, you’ll be paying just $2.05 per month.
- Easy to use
- Strong encryption and no-log policy
- Blocks ads, cookies, and popups
- Sends data breach and malware alerts
- It helps you save money
- Over 3,200 in 100 countries
- Affordable at 84% discount
- Supports Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers
- Only available as a browser extension
- Not favorable for mobile users
Try out Surfshark’s CleanWeb with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN is popular in the VPN industry. And to cement its stance as one of the best, the VPN now has an AdBlock feature. Not just ads; it also blocks trackers and malware.
You can use NordVPN on almost any device. The AdBlocker VPN has apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
If you want an option you can use on the go as you browse, NordVPN also has Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions.
Why Choose NordVPN?
With NordVPN, you get a wide variety of servers to choose from. In particular, it has more than 5,300 servers in up to 60 countries. Notably, not all are regular VPN servers. Some are Obfuscated or Double VPN servers which offer an extra layer of security.
Thanks to NordVPN online threat protection, you get an ad and tracker blocker. With this, you can fend off intrusive ads, pop-ups, and tracker cookies. The result is a smooth browsing experience.
NordVPN also offers malware protection. As a result, the app will keep your devices free from malware-infected files and block malicious websites.
You can get NordVPN with the $11.99 per month Standard Plan. But if you pay for two years, you save 63% – you save 45% if you pay annually.
- Threat protection from ads, trackers, and malware
- More than 5,000 servers
- Double and Obfuscated VPN servers
- Supports all major mobile and desktop devices
- Has browser extensions
- Fast speed
- Some features are not available on the Standard and Plus plans
- Not easy to use on Linux
Get started with NordVPN with 68% off the Complete Plan.
3. Proton VPN
Proton VPN is one VPN that prioritizes online security, privacy, and freedom. It’s a fast AdBlock VPN that supports many devices, including all the major ones.
For blocking ads, Proton VPN comes with NetShield. NetShield is a reliable ad-blocker tool that uses DNS filtering to block ads, trackers, and malware.
It accesses every website you visit and every request you make, ensuring there’s no space for malicious actors to exploit.
Why Choose Proton VPN?
The primary advantage of using Proton VPN is speed. As noted earlier, the AdBlock VPN is fast, thanks to its high-speed servers running up to 10 GB per second. It’s worth noting that the servers have no bandwidth limit.
In addition, the VPN Ad Blocker comes with an Accelerator, which lets you browse even faster – up to 400% more.
This best VPN with ad blocker costs $9.99 per month. However, a 50% discount is available with the two-year plan, reducing the price to $4.99 per month. Also notable is that you can use the VPN for free, although with heavy limitations.
- Fast VPN with AdBlocker
- Up to 10 Gbps servers
- VPN accelerator for up to 400% faster speed
- Blocks ads, trackers, and malware
- AdBlocker works with DNS filtering
- Free account option
- Configuration can be confusing
- Limited customer support options
Use Proton VPN for free.
4. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN is another well-known name in the VPN industry. To many, it’s the best VPN. So, it’s unsurprising that it ranks among the best AdBlock VPNs.
This VPN Ad Blocker comes with top-notch privacy tools that protect you from hackers, ISPs, and prying eyes.
The content blocker will protect you whenever you visit a website with malicious ads and malware.
Why Choose CyberGhost VPN?
CyberGhost VPN prioritizes privacy, which is its main advantage. The VPN comes with features like split tunneling, multi-protocols, dedicated IP address, and a connection checker.
It also doesn’t fall short in terms of versatility, as the VPN has more than 7,000 servers. What more? CyberGhost VPN keeps no logs, and with strong privacy laws, they stop others from tracking you.
You can count on the CyberGhost customer support team if you need any help with the VPN or content blocker. They’re available at any time via email and live chat.
CyberGhost costs $12.99 per month. It’s more affordable, at $6.99 per month, if you pay for six months.
- Many privacy features
- Supports multiple VPN protocols
- Supports all major devices
- Over 7,000 servers
- Keeps no logs
- Content blocked for ads and malware
- Dependable customer supports
- Ad Blocker supports limited customizations
- Expensive monthly plan
Start protecting your online privacy with CyberGhost VPN
5. Atlas VPN
Here is another best VPN with ad blocker. Atlas VPN boasts of being a security shield against all online dangers.
With the SafeSwap Servers and SafeBrowse features, it’s hard to argue otherwise.
There are many other notable features that make Atlas VPN one of the best AdBlock VPNs.
Why Choose Atlas VPN?
Atlas VPN stands out from other VPNs with its SafeSwap Servers. These servers allow you to browse the internet with multiple IP addresses simultaneously. It’s a super helpful feature for streamers and gamers.
SafeBrowse, the Atlas VPN Ad Blocker, will further protect you from online threats. It identifies malicious websites and stops you from accessing them.
Subsequently, it protects you from phishing, spyware, ransomware, and crypto-jacking.
If you plan to use a VPN Ad Blocker long term, you can save money with Atlas VPN. You can pay for the three-year plan at just $1.83 per month.
- Supports multiple IPs simultaneously
- Works on all major operating systems
- Identifies and blocks malicious websites
- Stops cryptojacking and phishing
- Supports split tunneling
- Solid no-logs policy
- Complains of minor bugs in the mobile app
- Not many VPN servers
Get Atlas VPN for more anonymity while streaming.
6. Private Internet Access
Most VPNs and Ad Blockers you’ll find are proprietary. However, Private Internet Access is different, as it’s 100% open-source.
Despite being open source, Private Internet Access VPN remains one of the best, with over 15 million customers. You can also count on the VPN’s Ad & Malware Blocker.
Why Choose Private Internet Access?
As the best AdBlock VPN, Private Internet Access VPN is reliable with advanced encryption settings, split tunneling, and open-source VPN protocols.
Much attention goes to the PIA Ad & Malware Blocker, known as MACE. It’s a tool that ensures you don’t fall victim to dangerous websites.
MACE works by returning the IPs of websites you visit, so they can’t track or display annoying ads. It’s a unique approach that makes Private Internet Access to stand out.
Private Internet Access VPN pricing starts at $11.95. But, like most others on this list, you get up to 83% off when you pay for three years with this best VPN with ad blocker.
- Open source
- Premium encryption settings
- Split tunneling support
- WireGuard Protocol and Dedicated IP
- MACE Ad Blocker
- 24/7 customer support
- MACE Ad Blocker is not available in the Android app
- Relatively low server count
Protect up to 10 of your devices with Private Internet Access VPN with Ad Blocker
TunnelBear is popular as a free VPN. Indeed, it’s a free VPN you can trust not to track or log your data. This is commendable, considering how shady most free VPNs are.
Away from the VPN, TunnelBear also has a free and straightforward Ad Blocker known as BlockBear. You can use VPN and Ad Blocker on different platforms — although they come as different apps.
Why Choose TunnelBear?
The TunnelBear VPN and BlockBear Ad Blocker have free plans. Hence, they make a good choice if you’re on a low budget.
Despite the free plans, the VPN and Ad Blocker will protect you as well as any other. Another advantage of using TunnelBear is that the app is easy to use and fun.
With independent security audits and strong encryption, TunnelBear is reliably secure. You can always upgrade from your free account to a paid one, which costs just $3.33 per month if you pay annually.
- Easy to use
- Strong encryption with independent security audits
- Available for free use
- Global server network
- Stops invasive ads and trackers
- The VPN and Ad Blocker are standalone tools
- The free plan is limited to 500 MB per month
Start using TunnelBear at $0.
Another mention on our list of the best AdBlock VPNs is Ivacy.
Ivacy VPN has a presence in more than 100 locations. Collectively, there are more than 5,700 servers in these locations. So, it’s already a renowned and widely-used VPN service.
Another reason why Ivacy VPN is widely used is that it supports all major platforms. You can install the VPN with Ad Blocker on iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux. It’ll also work on Kodi, Xbox, PS4, Roku, and routers.
Why Choose Ivacy?
You’ll come across retargeted ads if you browse and shop for products a lot, and they can be annoying. Ivacy VPN focuses on helping you block such ads by masking your IP address.
Furthermore, Ivacy is the best VPN with Ad Blocker for long-term use. You can purchase the VPN for five years and save 90% off the monthly price. So, instead of $9.95 per month, you pay $1.00.
- More than 5,700 servers
- Supports all major devices
- Supports multiple VPN protocols
- Supports split tunneling and dedicated IP
- Long-term subscription plan
- Real-time download protection
- Ad Blocker works only for retargeted ads
- Doesn’t work on Mac
Check out the Ivacy VPN five-year-long subscription plan.
PureVPN is a popular VPN for streaming content on Netflix, Disney, HBO, and others. This is due to the VPNs large fleet of fast servers and its availability on all major devices. As the best VPN with ad blocker, PureVPN comes with a Content Filter tool.
Why Choose PureVPN?
There are many positives to note about PureVPN. But the standout is the VPN’s server count. PureVPN has over 6,500 servers in over 96 locations and 78 countries.
You can count on PureVPN to unblock any website with this many servers. No matter where the website is hosted, there’s a high chance that the VPN has a server in the country.
The Content Filter may be a bit difficult to configure, but there’s a laid-out guide to walk you through. The VPN with Ad Blocker costs $10.95 per month, but you can get it for $3.24 if you pay annually.
- Content filter for ad blocking
- Supports all major devices
- More than 6,500 servers
- Dependable for unblocking websites
- Fast servers
- Configuring the content filter to block ads may be confusing
- Few complaints about DNS leaks
Explore PureVPN’s 6,500+ VPN servers to unblock any website.
Last but not least on our list of the best AdBlock VPNs is VyprVPN.
VyprVPN has all the features of a secure and private VPN. It’s popular among mobile users thanks to its easy-to-use Android and iOS app.
With DNS leak protection, the VPN will prevent ad trackers from stealing your data. However, a native AdBlocker tool is in the works.
Why Choose VyprVPN?
Many VyprVPN users commend how easy the mobile app is to use on Android and iPhone. As a result, it’s a good option if you need an AdBlocker VPN on mobile.
The top-notch security and privacy features are also worth noting. And you can use the VPN on up to ten devices at a time. The VPN is available for $5 per month if you pay annually. If you pay monthly, the price is $10.
- Intuitive Android and iOS mobile apps
- DNS leak protection
- Fast servers
- Allows up to 10 devices at a time
- Reliable customer support
- Ad Blocker is still in beta mode
- Low server count
Get VyprVPN from your mobile application store.
Best AdBlock VPN FAQs
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about AdBlock VPNs.
Is Using Adblocker Illegal?
Using an Adblocker is not illegal as it is similar to skipping them. Hence, you won’t get into trouble with websites whose ads you restrict.
Can I Block YouTube Ads With a VPN?
A VPN alone may not be able to block ads on YouTube. However, with any of the best VPNs with AdBlock listed in this article, you can block YouTube ads easily.
How Does an Adblocking VPN Keep Me Secure?
An AdBlocker VPN keeps you secure by masking your real IP address. This keeps you from prying eyes on the internet and allows you to browse the web without restriction.
In addition, the AdBlock functionality will block malicious ads, which hackers use for phishing, among other cyber attacks.
How Does a VPN With Adblock Secure My Privacy?
A VPN with AdBlock secures your online privacy by not keeping logs of your data and blocking websites from accessing them. Also, it’s difficult for anyone to track you on the internet when your main IP address is hidden.
Do I Need an Adblocker and a VPN?
Yes, you need an AdBlocker and VPN if you care about your online privacy and security. However, instead of spending separately on an AdBlock and VPN, it’s better to get an AdBlocker VPN.
Not all VPNs come with Ad Blockers, and a VPN without an Ad Blocker falls short. You don’t have to use such VPNs without Ad Blockers when there are options listed in this article.
Any of the 10 best AdBlock VPNs discussed will make a good purchase. It depends on your needs, budget, and preference.
Among all the entries, Surfshark stands out as the best AdBlock VPN thanks to its CleanWeb functionality. Not to mention, it is relatively affordable at just $2.04 per month. Also, it supports modern web browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.