This post will show you the top 5 best data recovery software of 2021.
Data loss is becoming a common problem with the rapid digitalization of the world. Multiple reasons can result in data loss, such as accidental deletion, hardware malfunction, formatted device, data breach, and similar others.
In all such situations, the general view is that the data is lost forever. But thanks to technological advancement, the reality is a bit different and this is where data recovery software comes into action.
A data recovery tool scans your targeted drive and searches for all the recoverable data including the ones you deleted a long time ago.
So, if you have encounter data loss and looking for the paid or free data recovery software, then this article presents the best data recovery software you can choose from.
Table of Contents
iMyFone AnyRecover is the one-stop tool that addresses all the data recovery needs with its exceptional performance and efficiency.
It can recover files from formatted devices, damaged hard drives, emptied recycle bin, computer crashes, and plenty of other data loss scenarios.
AnyRecover is recommended by dozens of media platforms, and you can witness users' trust from the fact that it has over 1 million downloads. Besides its feature-rich nature, it is designed to be user-friendly and requires just a few clicks to complete the recovery process.
System Compatibility: AnyRecover supports Windows 10/8.1/ 8/7/XP.
- High recovery rate.
- Super-fast scanning speed.
- Recover data from computers, laptops, USB drives, SD cards, external hard drives, and other storage media.
- Supports 1000+ file types and formats, that’s almost all file types users could expect.
- Filter scan results and preview content before restoring.
- The free version provides limited file types recovery.
Pricing: AnyRecover comes with 4 pricing plans, as follow:
- Free: Scan/preview recoverable files, and restore 3 files for free without a size limit.
- 1-Month Plan: Unlimited data recovery for 1 PC at $49.95 per month.
- 1-Year Plan: Unlimited data recovery for 1 PC at $59.95 per year.
- Lifetime Plan: Unlimited data recovery for 1 PC at a one-time cost of $79.95.
2. MiniTool Data Recovery
MiniTool Data Recovery is an easy-to-use data recovery tool that can quickly recover data from desktop, SSD, HDD, USB drive, recycle bin, etc. It is designed to address major data loss situations, such as hard drive failure, accidental deletion, virus attack, OS crash, partition loss, etc. It supports 70+ file types, ensuring that all the popular recoverable files are easily detected by the tool.
System Compatibility: MiniTool Data Recovery supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
- Load previous scan result.
- Preview files before restoring.
- Supports 70+ file types
- Simple steps and accurate recovery.
- The scanning process is a bit slow.
- The monthly and annual subscription plans are quite expensive.
Pricing: MiniTool Data Recovery comes with 4 pricing plans, as follow:
- Free: 1GB data recovery limit with no premium features.
- Monthly Subscription: Unlimited data recovery for one PC at $69 per month.
- Yearly Subscription: Unlimited data recovery for one PC at $89 annually.
- Personal Ultimate: Unlimited data recovery for 3 PCs at a lifetime cost of $99.
Recuva is a Windows data recovery tool that can quickly recover videos, documents, music, pictures, and other file types. Other than recovering permanently deleted files from computer drives, it supports recovering rewritable media, such as USB drives, external hard drives, memory cards, etc. It also provides a deep scan to search out buried files. To make the whole process simple, it comes with a user-friendly interface and preview functionality to enhance the recovery process.
System Compatibility: Recuva supports Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP, and Vista.
- Free data recovery software.
- Secure file deletion with no trace of the deleted file.
- Preview of recoverable files.
- Simple and friendly interface.
- Deep scanning.
- Its recovery performance is less efficient compared to other paid tools.
- The scanning process is slow.
Pricing: Recuva provides two pricing plans, as follow:
- Free: Free access to the tool with no file size limitation.
- Pro: A cost of $19.95 to get more advanced features, such as virtual hard drive recovery, premium support, etc.
Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is another powerful tool that is capable to recover all the deleted or lost data from almost all types of files. It can easily recover data from formatted, corrupt, or encrypted HDD, USB drive, SSD, optical discs, etc. Besides that, it can also restore data from unbootable or crashed systems.
System Compatibility: Stellar Data Recovery supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
- Simple steps to complete the recovery process.
- Preview files before saving.
- Excellent customer support.
- Virtual drive recovery.
- Only 1GB of data can be recovered for free.
- Most expensive tool.
Pricing: Stellar Data Recovery provides four pricing plans, as follow:
- Free: 1GB of free data recovery.
- Professional: 30 days license at$59.99 for a single system.
- Premium: 30 days license at $79.99 for a single system.
- Technician: 1-year license at $199 for 3 systems.
Disk Drill is a Windows data recovery tool that can recover lost files from a hard drive, USB drive, SD cards, or other storage media by just pressing few clicks. It is capable to recover any file type, as its scanning algorithms are capable to find and rebuild dozens of file formats that include document, photo, video, and audio popular formats. It provides a user-friendly graphical interface so that technical and non-technical users can easily complete the process.
System Compatibility: Disk Drill supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019.
- Simple graphical interface.
- Search files by name.
- Preview and select the files after the scanning process.
- Powerful scanning to ensure all the recoverable data is extracted.
- Only 500MB is recoverable under the free version.
- No proper phone technical support.
Pricing: Disk Drill provides three pricing plans, as follow:
- Basic: A free plan with a recovery limit of 500MB.
- Pro: A premium plan for $89 with unlimited recovery for 1 user.
- Enterprise: A ideal plan for large organizations at $499 and unlimited recovery for 10 users.
- Why Is Data Backup And Recovery So Important?
- 10 Best Antivirus for a Basic Laptop [Must Read]
- 8 Best VPNs For China And Hong Kong (+5 Reliable Ones)
- 8 Best Secure Web Hosting Services [2021 LIST]
- What is Data Recovery: Its Importance and Application?
- Use UltData iPhone Data Recovery to recover data on Damaged iOS device