People block websites permanently from their google chrome browser for various reasons. Some want to get rid of all the distractions to focus on themselves. Some find specific sites too damaging to their mental health, whereas some have their privacy issues.
Are you tired of searching for ways to permanently block the websites on android devices but could not find any that work? Then, you have come to the right place. Whatever your reason for blocking the site may be, we are here to guide you through the process, and you are free to choose the method that suits you.
Using A Google Chrome Browser Extension
This method is helpful if your primary need is to control your surfing habits and manage time for better productivity. You can use specific free browser extensions on your computer and laptop to block a website on chrome that is disturbing you.
‘StayFocusd’ extension has had approximately 800,000 active users in 2018 alone. It is a highly recommended productivity app. You can download its chrome extension on your laptop or the app on your phone and customize the settings according to your requirements.
One essential feature that has made the extension so popular is the ‘Nuclear Option.’ After you select this option, there is no going back. The websites under the blocked list get blocked permanently irrespective of the number of days or hours per day you have allowed as your surfing time. The best part is that there is no way to cancel or disable this option from working except uninstalling the app/extension.
The second distinctive feature is the ‘Require Challenge Option.’ Under this, the user must go through a challenge to access and change the customized settings. You ought to rewrite a specific paragraph without any mistakes, including writing the lowercase letters as lowercase letters in the first try; otherwise, the extension will detect the use of the backspace key, and you will have to start again from the beginning.
Usually, the users are unable to unlock the access without 3-4 tries. Not only is this feature challenging, but it also gives you time to think if you want to access the blocked pages or not.
‘BlockSite’ is another free Chrome extension that can block websites and even has the option of setting a password that restricts other users from changing the settings. It helps avoid unnecessary surfing on the web and blocking sites that harm an individual’s privacy.
- The first step to using an extension on a desktop would be to add it to the chrome browser as an extension and accept the terms and conditions.
- Next, after customizing the option according to your needs, you should go to the page to block and enter the domain.
- Tap on the ’+’ icon to add the website to your block site list and set a password to prevent other users from changing the settings.
- Select the final option of blocking the sites, and you are all set now. Surf the internet safely and prevent time wastage.
- To permanently block the websites on the phone, you need to download the Block site app and first read and then accept all the terms and conditions. You will also have to turn on the BlockSite accessibility to access your android’s settings and let the application block the websites.
- Next, you have to tap on the ‘+’ icon that asks you to enter the domain of the sites you want to block and has another option of preventing the applications you wish to stop using.
- After entering the domain and application, tap on okay, and follow the above steps.
Although using the ‘BlockSite’ extension is quite easy, it is also easy to unblock the sites and apps and go back to surfing them. It is not as effective as using the ‘StayFocusd’ app/extension but is user-friendly and easy to use, and therefore it is often preferred over the other plugins.
READ ALSO: Best Antivirus For 2022
Using A Router/ Parental Control
Nowadays, most wifi routers have an inbuilt system of blocking the websites for one device’s browser and all. Many parents use this system now to keep a check on their children and to restrict their social media usage.
- You need to change the settings or ask your operator to block the websites you wish to disable, and nobody in your family will be able to access or change the settings.
- Some other parental control settings and router/parental control software can be used on their gadgets to monitor their children. Still, it varies from device to device and might need some exploration.
Website blockers help you save time and protect you from fraud websites. There will always be methods of finding a way around the existing technology and accessing the blocked sites, but it is up to you to follow the rules you set for yourself.
I hope you can now permanently block websites on Google Chrome? Leave us a comment below
- Best VPN For 2022
- Essential Google Chrome Add-ons for Security
- 4 Best Mobile Browser for Android, iOS and Windows
- 5 Top Wikileaks Alternatives (Number 5 Is Our Favourite)
- Are Magento Websites Secure?
- How To Patiently Read Terms And Conditions Agreement
- How To Avoid Malicious Chrome Extensions [8 PROVEN Methods]
- How To Watch YouTube Videos That Are Blocked In Your Country
- Most Dangerous Websites You Should Avoid [MUST READ] - May 24, 2022
- NordLayer Review 2022: Affordable Business VPN Solution - May 17, 2022
- 13 Best And Most Secure Web Hosting Services [Tested & Ranked] - April 17, 2022