In this post, we will show you how to configure your web browsers with your proxy information.
Configuring your web browser with proxy information isn’t as difficult as it may seem. The different methods involved depend on the web browser hosting the configuration. It may be Safari, Internet Explorer, UC Browser, and others.
However, the most important thing is that you should acquire your proxy information before configuring your web browser. Your proxy information includes IP Address and Port Number.
The type of web browser plays a role in the configuration process. Hence, let’s look at the popular web browsers and how we can configure them with proxy information.
How to configure Internet Explorer with proxy information
- Launch the browser and select the menu icon.
- Navigate to the “Connection tab”
- Then select the “Network Settings” option.
- Click “LAN” and select “Automatically detect settings.”
- Activate the checkbox for your LAN and enter your proxy server details.
- Tick the checkbox and save it to your settings.
- Browse with your proxy information.
How to configure Safari Internet Browser with proxy information
Here are quick procedures to take;
- Launch Safari from your smartphone, PC, or Mac.
- Select the menu bar and navigate to the safari option.
- Hit the “Preferences” button.
- Navigate to the “Advanced settings” menu.
- Click on the proxy settings right at the bottom of the screen.
- Put down your proxy address and server details.
- Save and start using the new proxy information.
How to configure UC Web/Mobile Browser with proxy information
- Launch the browser from your smartphone or PC.
- Select the three short dashes on the screen and click on the settings menu.
- Toggle to the other tab right on the next pane.
- Navigate to the “Network tab,” after which you need to select “Change Proxy Settings.”
- Hit the “LAN” settings and tick the checkbox for “Use Proxy.”
- Enter your proxy server details and save to start using it.
These are the steps to use to configure popular web browsers with proxy information. Other browsers also go through like manner procedures. The main purpose involves entering your proxy information in the “LAN” option and saving it successfully. It’s more like a manual process instead of letting your service provider do the job.