In this post, we will be showing a short list of some of the best secure web browsers.
With secure browsers, you can access the internet safely without compromising your privacy online. Also information like:
- Your browsing history which is a list of all the websites you have visited
- Your login details
- Personal information like your name, address, phone numbers, etc. can be accessed or collected by third-party if you’re not browsing with a secure browser.
Even when you use the best VPN to protect your privacy while online, WebRTC leaks and browser fingerprinting can expose your identity, location, and original IP address to third-party.
Given the above, we will be discussing some of the best secure browsers for accessing the internet
Best Secure Web Browsers
1. Brave Browser
Brave Browser is a web browser developed for privacy protection. This browser has an built-in ad-blocker
Here are some features of Brave-browser
- It has a built-in script blocker
- It automatically upgrades to HTTPS
- Brave Browser protects against fingerprinting
- It has a built-in ad and tracker blocker. Of recent, Brave Browser launched its ad program, which is a model designed based on a revenue-sharing formula.
Download Brave Browser
2. Tor browser
Tor browser is a version of Firefox designed to run on the Tor network. Tor browser is designed to protect you from Browser fingerprinting by routing network traffic through three hops. This eventually reduces your download speed and also slow down your browsing.
However, Tor browser has its drawbacks such as slow speed, malicious exit nodes, and acclaimed ties with the US government.
Download Tor Browser
Waterfox is an open-source browser developed from Firefox. The Browser has the same features with Firefox, but its major setback includes a slow security update. Despite that, it is considered a better alternative to Mozilla Firefox. Also, it can double as a secure web browser due to its privacy features.
4. Ungoogled Chromium browser
Ungoogled Chromium browser is an entirely open-source project which facilitates a chromium browser free from Google’s privacy issues and concerns.
In addition, Ungoogled Chromium has improved privacy control and protection, and transparency while retaining most of Google Chrome’s features.
Download Ungoogled Chromium
5. Firefox Quantum Edition (latest Firefox modified for privacy)
Although Firefox is not your ideal secure browser, you can tweak or modify it to give you the desired level of privacy and security.
The Firefox Quantum is Firefox’s latest version designed with features like:
- High privacy protection levels
- Easy customizability
- Excellent security features
- Frequent updates
- Ability to install plugins or extensions to improve your security and privacy protection
Note: make sure that telemetry is disabled in Firefox because Telemetry introduces and runs studies which collect data from your Browser.
Download Firefox Quantum
Was this helpful?