In this post, we’ll show you how to run Command Prompt tool on your Windows PC.
Command Prompt (abbr. CMD) is an application present in Windows OS, which you can use to execute commands. It is one of the handiest Windows tools. With the CMD, you can perform a lot of amazing tasks such as:
- Locating a website IP address
- Check your PC’s IP and network information
- Open your PC’s Wi-Fi hotspot
- Check out your PC’s configuration settings
- And more
With the Command Prompt tool, you can automate tasks, troubleshoot some types of problems, and perform advanced operations. For instance, you can enter a valid line of command with or without parameters and hit the Enter key on your keyboard while the CMD executes your command systemically.
How to run the Command Prompt Tool
- Run command prompt from your windows menu
- Tap the Windows button on your keyboard and type cmd in the Windows search bar
- Right-click on ‘Command Prompt’
- Then, select ‘Run as administrator.’
- Run CMD from the ‘Run Program’
- Hold down the Windows Button + R
- Type cmd in the displayed ‘Run’ dialogue box and click on ‘OK.’
- Run CMD from any folder on your PC
- Hold down the shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any folder of your choice
- Select ‘Open command window here’ to open the ‘Run’ dialogue box
- type cmd in the ‘Run’ dialogue and click ‘OK’ to open the command prompt application
- Run CMD from ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt.’ This is mode is ideal for troubleshooting your PC.
- Press the F8 key while your PC is powering on to enter into the ‘advanced boot mode.’
- With the up and down arrow keys select ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ from the advanced boot options
- Run CMD from Task Manager.
- Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Del keys
- Select ‘Task Manager’ from the displayed options
- Click on the ‘File’ tab in the task manager
- Select ‘New Task (Run…)’
- type cmd in the ‘Create New Task’ and click ‘OK’ to open the command prompt application
Lastly, Command Prompt is a multipurpose tool which should be mastered by any Windows OS users.
- Beat Quarantine Boredom With Free Online Games [MUST READ] - September 17, 2020
- Full Review Of Abine Blur - August 4, 2020
- 10 Most Secure Operating Systems (#9 Is Our Favourite) - July 28, 2020