Here, we will show you why you need a VPN when travelling.
We all travel from one place to another for work, family, and other commitments. Some of us travel within the country and some within the state. Some of us even travel from one country to another, mostly due to work. Have you ever wondered when you travel, there are certain websites which are very important for your job or work can’t be accessed?
Yes, you heard it right. Certain websites are restricted in some areas. What is the solution to this problem as your work and day to day life will get hampered due to this restriction? The answer to this is a VPN. I told you the solution now. What are you waiting for? VPN black friday sale is nearing, grab your best VPN, and have secure browsing.
Many of you have heard about VPN before but how many of you know that VPN is a boon when we travel to places with certain web restrictions. So here is all you know about VPN and how it works for you when traveling.
What Is A VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, and it helps you in securing your browsing activities from prying eyes. It connects your device to another computer and creates a private network between the device and the computer.
Usually, you connect your device to your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the ISP connects you to different websites. The service provider accesses all your data, and hence you are prone to spying.
But when you use a VPN, it encrypts all the data before it reaches your Internet Service Provider. Your traffic is private with a VPN and less prone to hacking. Basically, it is a program that runs on your device that gives you privacy and security.
Benefits Of Using A VPN When Traveling?
- Secure browsing while using public Wi-Fi: When you are in a foreign land, you need to communicate with your colleagues and family to inform them about your well-being or work.
So, most of us buy SIM cards beforehand, but what about the internet? After you reach your destination, you will need the internet for your work and entertainment. So, we connect to Public Wi-Fi like at the airport, coffee shops, and hotels. But while using public Wi-Fi that many people use simultaneously makes you prone to phishing scams as your browsing activities are un-encrypted and hackers can access this information. By using a VPN, your browsing data will be safe and only up to you.
- No more geographical restrictions: It gives you a chance to watch a particular series on Netflix or any other streaming platforms banned in your country. VPN uses the proxy of other countries where the show is streaming, allowing you to enjoy the shows.
- Remote office work: Suppose you have to travel to a different country or state for some personal work, and you don’t want your job to get hampered. Here VPN can give what you are looking for. When you are working outside the office VPN protects the information of your work. It also gives you access to the company’s network and resources and hence you can work from anywhere.
- Free from Government impositions: Sometimes, governments impose restrictions from accessing certain websites that might be useful to you. Countries like China and several others don’t want their citizens to visit certain websites which the government thinks may be harmful. Here VPN can be a solution. You can use the website without any worry through VPN as data is encrypted and completely private.
- Hassle-free streaming from any location: When you are traveling to a foreign country, VPN helps you access the restricted websites in that particular country. It allows you to enjoy all the services you were having at your place on foreign land.
- Private chats and video calls: In certain countries, some applications are banned, which are basically used for A VPN can help you secure any online conversation with others. It ensures that the voice or video chat remains private and secure. Let the platform be skype or hangout, VPN takes care of all.
- Economic flight booking options: Do you know you have to pay a different amount for the same flight if booked from different countries? Yes, it’s true. For instance, you are booking a flight from London to New York and the price of the ticket is 100 dollars if you are looking for flights in London. If you are searching for the same flight from Sydney, it will show you 75 dollars. So, all you have to do is use a VPN and use a proxy that will have Sydney’s location and book the flight for 75 dollars. It would help if you used a VPN to access the server using a different country’s proxy for which ticket charges are less and book it.
- Access to the home network from anywhere: A VPN could be used to access your home network while you are traveling or anywhere outside. If you are traveling and suddenly you need some important file saved in the home computer that you need urgently, then VPN helps to give that file spontaneously.
Are There Any Drawbacks To A VPN?
Although a VPN gives numerous benefits to a traveler, it has some drawbacks too. Some websites see incoming access from a VPN as suspicious, especially bank sites, and restrict access to their site. Mostly using a free VPN is not suggested. While using a free VPN, you will encounter slow upload and download speeds and they even log your internet activities. So never use a free VPN.
What VPN To Consider When Travelling?
Whether To Go For A VPN Or Not?
Everyone who is traveling, especially abroad, must use a VPN. It not only provides a private and secure browsing experience but also gives you access to the restricted or banned sites in other countries. You can easily stay in a strange land with the facilities you used to enjoy in your hometown.
- Can VPNs Help Prevent Cyberattacks? [We Have The Answer]
- Free VPN vs Premium VPN – Which one should I go for?
- Why Should Startups Use A VPN? [#4 ANSWERS]
- Full Ivacy VPN Review: Affordable, Faster & Secure VPN
- How To Migrate MBOX File Of SeaMonkey To Outlook PST - October 19, 2020
- Why Do You Need A VPN When Traveling? - October 6, 2020
- Beat Quarantine Boredom With Free Online Games [MUST READ] - September 17, 2020