In this post, we will show you the steps to take in order to become a certified Ethical Hacker.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is a professional training program for an individual who wants to become certified as a white hat hacker.
A certified Ethical hacker works like black hat hacker but uses the same tools and skills to prevent attacks and damages to networks by black hat hackers.
In order to become a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), an individual has to take the proficiency test in network security which is a sponsored program of the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council).
How to become a Certified Ethical Hacker
CEH course prepares an individual to think like a hacker and to protect networks against future attacks.
The CEHv20 is the most advanced ethical hacking course with 20 modules covering security domains with more than 240 attack technologies often used by hackers.
There are two pathways of becoming a CEH
- Attend a five day EC-Council training at an EC-Council accredited center, online using the iClass platform, or in an approved academic institution. The training lasts for five days between the hours of 9.00 AM -5.00 PM daily. The cost of attending the CEH v20 range from $850 to $950.
- Register for the exam with at least two years of working experience. Candidates who wish to attempt the CEH exam without the prerequisite training must have at least two years of working experience in the IT security industry.
Candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of $100 along with application form.
Steps to take to become a Certified Ethical Hacker
- To become a CEH, you must understand the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of hacking
- Search for opportunities. Ethical Hackers find employment in banks, financial institutions, private and government organizations, military, etc.
- Choose an area to focus on. Decide whether you want to focus on hardware or software
- Get essential programming skills like C, Java, or Python. These programing languages will enable you to write security-based applications.
- Learn how to utilize UNIX OS. Moreover, UNIX OS is the hackers’ OS
- Take professional courses in IT security
- Carry out experiments on hardware and software to learn how to attack and also prevent an attack
- Technology is continually evolving, keep yourself updated by reading on your own
- Get certified by EC-Council. Most employers of ethical hackers require certification by EC-Council
- Be a part of the hacking community.
Who can attend the CEH?
- IT security professionals, auditors, site admins, etc
- Depending on the EC-Council, exams, the cut-off score is between 60% – 85%
- The examination covers the following:
- Ethical hacking
- Footprinting and reconnaissance
- System hacking
- Social engineering
- Hacking wireless networks, etc.
Getting a job as a CEH professional
- There are abundant IT security jobs. An analyst earns at least about $95,000 per annum.
Is ethical hacking a good career prospect? Share your views with us.
- 4 Benefits of Using PDFBear’s PDF to JPG Converter - January 12, 2021
- Merging And Combining: How To Merge PDF Files Into A Single Document - January 12, 2021
- PDFBear: Your Online Alternative In Merging PDF Files - January 12, 2021