Are you looking for the best cybersecurity YouTube channels? Look no further! We’ve got you covered.
YouTube is one of the best-known social media video-sharing platforms hosting information on any topic ranging from cybersecurity to martial arts. The platform hosts over 23 million channels and records over 500 hours of video uploaded per minute.
YouTube remains one of the best platforms for cybersecurity video resources where you can learn how to protect yourself and your devices from cybersecurity attacks which continue to get more sophisticated with each passing moment.
The best thing about YouTube cybersecurity channels is that you find quality resources and instructors, and it is absolutely free, with no subscription fees! Also, watching YouTube’s cybersecurity channel is fun and highly educative.
Therefore, we have put together this article listing some of the best YouTube channels where you can learn about:
- Cybersecurity essentials
- Trending cybersecurity attacks and how to protect yourself
- Cybersecurity industry and also get the latest news in the cybersecurity space
- Information security
- Security infrastructure
- The basics of data protection
- Antivirus programs
- Cloud Security
- How to secure the Internet of Things (IoT)
- How to secure your emails
18 Best Cybersecurity YouTube Channels
John Hammond’s YouTube cybersecurity channel was started in 2011, and presently, he has over 535,000 subscribers and more than 19 million views.
His YouTube channel is educative, interesting, and lively, and it covers cybersecurity aspects like:
- Basics of hacking
- Dark web
- Interviews with top cybersecurity experts
- Antiviruses and malware
- Careers in Cybersecurity
- TryHackMe rooms.
Subscribe to John Hammond’s YouTube cybersecurity channel.
Kaspersky YouTube channel, created by Kaspersky Lab, delivers cybersecurity content that offers protection for all categories of users.
Kaspersky is one of the top 10 cybersecurity vendors, and it is known for its powerful Kaspersky antivirus suite, which offers protection against all types of malware, including viruses, spyware, phishing, etc.
Hence, its YouTube channel holds rich and educative cybersecurity content that equips you with the right arsenal to secure your digital life. Topics covered on the channel include:
- How to protect your accounts
- Data leaks and when to change your password
- How to block advertising cookies in your browser
- Why do criminals want your computer
- All you need to know about Backups
- Safeguarding your files from ransomware
- Your family’s digital life matters.
Kaspersky’s YouTube cybersecurity channel has almost 100,000 subscribers and over 3.4 million views to its credit. Be a part of Kaspersky’s YouTube channel by clicking on its’ subscribe button.
LiveOverflow, founded by ‘Wannabe hacker’ Fabian Faessler, the channel presently has 687,000 subscribers enjoying a wide range of cybersecurity content regularly.
Some popular cybersecurity content categories covered by Wannabe Hacker on his YouTube cybersecurity channel include:
- CTF (capture the flag)
- Binary exploitation
- Hardware security and reviews
- Cybersecurity research
- Mobile security
- General cybersecurity information
- Video game hacking
- Security bug hunting
- Vulnerability issues
Check out Fabian Faessler’s ‘Wannabe hacker’ YouTube cybersecurity channel, and enjoy fun, educative, and interesting content that cuts across several aspects of cybersecurity.
The Black Hat YouTube channel holds content from a series of IT and Cybersecurity conferences where advanced IT and cybersecurity issues that affect the world are discussed.
Participants in the conferences include leaders in the cybersecurity space, representatives from the government and private sectors, cybersecurity researchers, and notable IT professionals.
Contents found on this YouTube channel discuss advanced cybersecurity issues, including:
- Using Zero to Attack Zero-knowledge Proof
- Backdoor Investigation and Incident Response
- Controlling your smart home through dangling management channels
- Finding bugs in the binding code of scripting
- DroidGuard: A deep dive into the SafetyNet
The channel has more than 196,000 subscribers and millions of views, and it is a cybersecurity channel you should join to be aware of recent developments in the cybersecurity space.
13Cubed is a YouTube cybersecurity channel founded by Richard David.
Although this cybersecurity channel has a little over 33,000 subscribers, it holds a repository of interesting cybersecurity tutorials and reviews of uncommon cybersecurity topics like:
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR),
- iOS logs, events, and plists parser (iLEAPP),
- Windows Forensics.
- Malware analysis and Antimalware tools
- Short 7-9 minute videos (Shorts) on a broad range of cybersecurity topics and products.
Subscribe to 13Cubed YouTube cybersecurity channel to learn about cybersecurity and related tools.
InsiderPhD is a YouTube cybersecurity channel created by a bug bounty hunter. He delights in teaching topics that cover several aspects of bug hunting, penetration testing tools, ethical hacking techniques, etc.
If you desire a career as an ethical hacker, you will find videos uploaded on this site highly educative, informative, and easy to follow.
Some topics covered on InsiderPhD YouTube channel include:
- How to get started with bug bounty
- Finding your first bug
- Getting a job in cybersecurity
- API hacking automation
- Hacker Toolbox
The channel has more than 64,000 subscribers; you can be a part of this channel and learn about bug hunting at your own pace by clicking on the subscribe button.
Computerphile was established in 2009 by Brady Haran to educate people about computers.
Presently, the YouTube channel has earned over 100 million views from a diverse range of cybersecurity topics, tutorials, reviews, and discussions, including:
- Tutorials and discussions on Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Computer graphics
- Mathematics and Algorithms
- Data analysis
- Passwords and password managers
- Database Management
Whether you’re a beginner, a tech-savvy individual, or a cybersecurity professional, you’re sure to find cybersecurity topics that will pickle your interest in Computerphile.
Infosec Train was created by Infosec Train, an IT organization focused on IT security, training, and consulting.
Their YouTube channel holds juicy cybersecurity topics that teach you everything you need to know about cybersecurity, whether you’re a beginner or an IT professional.
Topics covered on the Infosec YouTube channel include:
- What is information security?
- Cybersecurity masterclass with Abhishek
- What is security control?
- What is data cleansing?
- Cyber attack on Uber
Infosec Train has over 31,000 subscribers and still growing, be a trainee and learn about recent developments in IT and security by joining Infosec Train YouTube cybersecurity channel.
IppSec was founded in 2016. The cybersecurity channel is fast-growing, having more than 202,000 subscribers enjoying timely updates of trending cybersecurity video content.
Ippsec uses colorful and well-illustrated tutorials to present information about:
- PHP deserialization
- Object Injection
- Obfuscation technology
- Malware and Antivirus
- And many more topics
Be a part of this growing YouTube cybersecurity channel, where you can enjoy amazing video content on various cybersecurity topics.
Cybersecurity Chronicle hosts a weekly video blog on trending cybersecurity issues discussed online by curating content from popular social media and news platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, CBS, etc. This makes it included in our list of the best cybersecurity YouTube channels.
Some cybersecurity news topics hosted on this channel include:
- Android phones infected!
- ‘US launches cyberattack!’
- ‘Lab results public?’
- ‘NSA Tool Wreaks Havoc’
- ‘E-Transfer Money safely’
Get regular cybersecurity news updates by subscribing to be part of its 3,200 subscribers getting updates from the Cyber Chronicle YouTube cybersecurity channel.
Hackersploit is a known YouTube cybersecurity channel with over 750,000 subscribers and 25 million views to its credit.
This channel aims to make information and cybersecurity education free and accessible to many, including students and IT professionals.
Video contents on Hackersploit are of HD quality graphics and are organized into complete courses for topics like:
- Ethical Hacking
- Penetration testing
- Red Team Tutorials
- Linux programs
- Cybersecurity attack and defense courses
- Other aspects of cybersecurity
If you’re interested in starting a career in cybersecurity or learning enough cybersecurity to protect your data, then you should subscribe to the Hackersploit YouTube cybersecurity channel.
Governing Goliath is focused on educating and entertaining its viewers on cybersecurity topics that affect their everyday lives using simple, easy-to-follow tutorial methods with a touch of comedy to keep you going.
Some of the topics covered on this channel cut across a wide range of cybersecurity issues, including data safety and online protection, parental controls, email scams, etc. The channel hosts topics like:
- ‘Don’t share your vaccine card online!’
- ‘Facebook’s iPhone Logout Explained’
- ‘Multi-user app sharing’
- ‘Best secure messaging
- Privacy battle!
Join this interesting cybersecurity channel and learn about privacy and cybersecurity in an amusing way.
Infosec is a YouTube cybersecurity channel that teaches you to be proactive and stay ahead of the game in a cybersecurity world where cybercriminals have always found ways to remain ahead of the cybersecurity industry.
The channel has over 68,000 subscribers, and it wants you to be a part of its subscribers and learn new ways of keeping your personal data safe while successfully warding off cyberattacks.
Cybersecurity videos on Infosec are mainly in the form of well-detailed presentations and podcasts that discusses the skills, and training you need to detect and avoid cyber threats and attacks, and other aspects of cybersecurity, including:
- Phishing and Pharming attacks
- Cybersecurity careers
- Defense against Cyberattacks
- Podcast interviews of cybersecurity professionals
- And many more.
Learn about trending and evolving cyberattacks by subscribing to the InfoSec YouTube cybersecurity channel
Another entry among the best cybersecurity YouTube channels is Malware Geek.
Malware Geek is a private YouTube cybersecurity channel focusing on anti-malware reviews, malware tracking, and computer safety.
The channel has over 6,120 subscribers, and it hosts regular content. Some content found on this channel includes:
- Bitdefender free edition review
- Malware Geek exposes tech support scam criminals
- Immunet review
- New ransomware testing
- The art of social engineering and why you need an anti-malware solution
Before committing your hard-earned buck to any antivirus product, Get a review of the antivirus product by subscribing to the Malware Geek YouTube channel.
How best to learn ethical hacking than to be a mentee to a master hacker? The Cyber Mentor YouTube cybersecurity channel is owned by a hacker who delights in teaching beginner hackers Linux programs, web application pen testing, etc.
The YouTube channel has about 500,000 subscribers, and it has recorded more than 6 million views since its inception in 2018.
Interesting video materials available on The Cyber Mentor include:
- 11 practical-based courses on network testing
- Tutorials on various web tools
- Cybersecurity product reviews
- Other cybersecurity-related videos
Get onboard, learn ethical hacking tips, or become a professional white hat hacker by subscribing to The Cyber Mentor YouTube cybersecurity channel.
Here is another entry among the best cybersecurity YouTube channels.
The PC Security Channel is dedicated to teaching less tech-savvy individuals how to stay safe online from cybercriminals, online extortionists, data miners, advertising companies, and other cybersecurity ills online.
Videos uploaded on this channel are easily accessible, well-illustrated, and made simple enough for easy understanding of complex cybersecurity issues and topics such as:
- Data safety and protection
- How to stay safe online
- Windows Security
- Malware and antivirus
- Antivirus product reviews
- Other cybersecurity tutorials.
Join over 350,000 PC Security Channel subscribers and learn to stay safe online.
If you’re a podcast lover, you will enjoy subscribing to the Security Now YouTube cybersecurity channel, where you will find a diverse range of podcast-styled discussions on trending cybersecurity topics and issues.
The YouTube channel is founded by Leo Laporte and Steve Gibson, two Cybersecurity professionals, and it has grown its subscriber base to over 55,000.
Videos on Security Now cover a diverse range of topics, including:
- Modern cybersecurity trends
- Updates on cybercrimes and security threats
- Computer programming
- Web tools and product reviews
- Hacking news and events
- Application security
- Source Port Randomization
- Other types of cybersecurity issues
Subscribe now and start enjoying podcast-styled cybersecurity content from Security Now
Last but not the least on our list of best cybersecurity YouTube channels is SecureBlitz.
SecureBlitz YouTube channel hosts a diverse range of cybersecurity videos that teaches security awareness, review cybersecurity tools, interview professionals in the cybersecurity industry, and much more.
You will find this cybersecurity channel fun and educating as it brings to the fore trending IT and cybersecurity happenings; hence, topics you will find on this channel include:
- How to get into cybersecurity with no experience
- How to secure your digital devices
- Cybersecurity software reviews
Join the growing subscribers on the SecureBlitz YouTube cybersecurity channel today to enjoy some of the best cybersecurity content in the IT space.
Can I Learn Cyber Security From YouTube?
Yes, you can certainly learn cyber security from YouTube! In fact, there are many high-quality YouTube channels that offer free lessons and tutorials on various aspects of cyber security.
However, it’s important to note that while YouTube is a great resource for learning, it’s not a substitute for formal education or professional training.
Cyber security is a complex field that requires a deep understanding of both technical concepts and real-world applications. So if you’re serious about pursuing a career in cyber security, you’ll need to invest in formal education and training.
That said, YouTube can be a great starting point for those who are interested in exploring the field of cyber security.
There are many channels that offer beginner-friendly content, covering topics such as basic security concepts, network security, cryptography, penetration testing, and more.
Some popular cyber security YouTube channels include:
1. Cyber Mentor: This channel offers a range of content on ethical hacking, penetration testing, and web application security.
2. Hak5: This channel covers a wide range of topics related to cyber security, including wireless network security, password cracking, social engineering, and more.
3. NetworkChuck: This channel offers tutorials on networking fundamentals and network security.
4. I.T. Career Questions: This channel covers a wide range of topics related to IT careers, including cybersecurity.
5. The CyberWire: This channel offers news and analysis on the latest developments in the world of cyber security.
In addition to these channels, there are also many free online courses and resources available on platforms like Coursera, edX, and Udemy. These courses offer a more structured approach to learning cyber security, with assignments, quizzes, and exams to help you measure your progress.
So if you’re interested in learning about cyber security, don’t hesitate to check out the resources available on YouTube and other online platforms.
Just remember that while YouTube can be a great resource for learning, it’s not a substitute for formal education or professional training.
What Are The Best YouTube Channel To Learn Cyber Security For Beginners?
If you’re a beginner looking to learn about cybersecurity, YouTube is a great resource to start with.
There are many YouTube channels dedicated to teaching cybersecurity that caters to beginners. I will recommend some of the best YouTube channels to learn cybersecurity for beginners.
1. Cybersecurity Training – This channel is an excellent starting point for beginners. The channel covers a wide range of topics related to cybersecurity, from basic concepts to more advanced techniques. The videos are well structured and easy to follow, making it easy for beginners to understand.
2. The Cyber Mentor – The Cyber Mentor is a popular YouTube channel dedicated to teaching cybersecurity. The channel offers a range of tutorials and guides on various topics related to cybersecurity. The channel has a playlist dedicated to beginners that covers the basics of cybersecurity.
3. Kevin Mitnick – Kevin Mitnick is a well-known name in the world of cybersecurity. The Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training channel offers a range of videos on various cybersecurity topics, including social engineering, password security, and phishing attacks.
4. Professor Messer – Professor Messer’s CompTIA A+ and Network+ training videos are an excellent resource for anyone looking to learn about cybersecurity. The videos are well structured and cover a range of topics related to cybersecurity.
5. Hak5 – Hak5 is a popular YouTube channel that covers a range of topics related to cybersecurity, including ethical hacking, penetration testing, and security tools. The channel offers tutorials and guides on various topics related to cybersecurity.
Overall, these are some of the best YouTube channels to learn cybersecurity for beginners. As a beginner, it’s essential to start with the basics and gradually work your way up to more advanced topics.
These channels offer a range of tutorials and guides that can help you get started with cybersecurity.
It’s important to keep in mind that learning about cybersecurity requires continuous effort and practice. So keep learning, stay curious, and don’t forget to practice what you learn!
Learning about cybersecurity and how to keep yourself safe from online threats is absolutely free and easily accessible to anyone.
By subscribing to any or all of the above YouTube cybersecurity channels, you’re sure to keep abreast of trending cybersecurity issues and the best step to take to keep yourself, your family, and your devices safe.