If you are looking for ways to get your western union money back from a scammer, this article will be of here. Losing money to scammers is always disheartening. Scammers employ different tactics to extort money from unsuspecting scammers. Sometimes, a user may wire money over Western Union and suddenly detect it’s a scam.
When that happens, the user should at all costs try to get back the money, first.
Before looking at the steps on how to get back one’s money when you are scam on Western Union, it is important to know a few things about the platform.
What is Western Union?
Western Union is a legitimate money transfer platform that offers wire transfer, money orders and bill paying and money transferring services.
It is probably the oldest company into the trade as it spans over 169 years in existence, so it could be dearly trusted.
However, despite the founders’ dream to make the platform a suitable platform for money transfer services, hackers made it their abode, and the number of attacks on users increases constantly.
How to Get Your Money Back From Scammers on Western Union
Something you must know when transacting over Western Union is that when you transfer money over Western Union, the recipient can pick up the money from any Western Union office. When the recipient picks the money, there is no way the money can be recovered.
Therefore, the chances of getting money back from a scammer over Western Union depends on how fast you can figure out it is a scam. If you can detect before the scammer picks the money, you can cancel the transfer and get your money back. Otherwise, there are little to no chances.
How to Cancel a Western Union Transfer and Recover Your Money
Once the user is sure the transaction is all scam, here are the steps to be swiftly taken to outsmart the scammer and recover the money.
- Get the transaction details together. Surely, Western Union would ask for these to verify the transaction and process the request. The details that may be includes the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), the total money sent, the sender’s name and address, the recipient’s country, etc.
- Find and contact the place the transfer was purchased. The purchase must be made from a sending agency or an online platform. It is best to visit the physical location, and if impossible, a call should be staged.
- Provide the transaction details gathered earlier. Be cautious as this step and any mistake should not be made. A misspelled name may be enough reason for Western Union not to proceed with the request.
- You may pay some fees for the cancellation of the transaction. This fee may vary depending on the type of the actual transaction.
- Wait for the application to process and receive a refund. This process should not be time-consuming and your refund should be available in a few minutes.
Even after receiving the refund, it’s important to keep the details of the transaction. This is to ensure that it could be provide it at due time when necessary.
Also, either the recovery was successful, or the scammer has picked the money already. It is helpful to report to avoid family, friends and other Western Union users from making the same mistake. Report scams to Western Union by using the official report page which can be accessed using the official link.
I hope this post answers all your question on how to get your money back from a scammer on western union. Western Union is such a great money platform to send and receive money nationally and internationally; only when the scammers are not there. When a user suffers from a scam, the user dislikes the platform.
That’s not the answer however, as this article has listed actionable tips that could enable you to recover lost funds from a scammer.
- Breachers Gonna Breach: Protect Your Organization From Internal Threats - May 19, 2020
- 4 Top Music Streaming Services In The World - May 7, 2020
- Dos And Don’ts Of Using A Public Wi-Fi [Ultimate Guide] - May 5, 2020